Week One District Six Class AA Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week One District Six Class AA Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Ligonier Valley 1-0 Defeated Marion Center 48-0  Next up: Saltsburg   Last: #1
Ligonier opened the year with an easy 49-0 win over Marion Center. Quarterback Collin Smith had a near perfect day going 7/8 for 208 yards and three touchdowns. They will welcome 0-1 Saltsburg to Weller Field on Friday night. 

2. Bishop McCort 1-0 Defeated Bishop Carroll 68-0 Next up: @ Cambria Heights  Last: #2
Bishop McCort simply overwhelmed and overpowered a struggling Bishop Carroll program in week one.  Hard to tell what McCort has this year, but they should get a better idea going to play a solid Cambria Heights team on the road this weekend. 

3. Westmont 1-0 Defeated Forest Hills 45-34   Next up: @ Bishop Guilfoyle    Last: Not Ranked
Westmont used a power running game to win their opener over AAA foe Forest Hills. In fact, the Hilltoppers only attempted one pass the entire game.   Pat Barron's squad needed a 4th quarter comeback to seal the victory. They will be put to the ultimate test by traveling to Mansion Park on Saturday to play #1 ranked team in the state, Bishop Guilfoyle. 

4. Richland 1-0 Defeated Cambria Heights 33-21  Next up: @ Penn Cambria   Last: Not Ranked
Richland started slow, but eventually outscored Cambria Heights 33-7 from the second quarter on. The Rams had some serious quarterback question marks coming into the season, but things seem settled for now with a strong game from Ethan Dabbs with 2 long passing touchdowns and 2 rushing.  Brandon Bailey's team will look to make it 2-0 when they travel to Cresson to face Penn Cambria on Friday. 

5. Bellwood-Antis  0-1  Lost to Tyrone 15-12  Next up: Glendale   Last: #4
Bellwood and Tyrone added another memorable chapter in the Backyard Brawl rivalry, but the Blue Devils came up short.  They will look to bounce back against Glendale on Friday. 
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Week One District Six Class AA Power Rankings

Post by jayjay6218 »

Even though BA got the loss on Friday I was really impressed by their play, especially the play of their senior QB. I think they have a real shot at making some noise this year in D6 AA. They were one or two plays away from winning the backyard brawl.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

It definitely caught my eye.  How did Tanneyhill look?
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by jayjay6218 »

He looked really good. His passes were precise and he was really able to make plays when he needed to. Not bad on his feet either.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Thanks, I was curious about his mobility, but he's a big kid. 
Footballfanatic024
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Footballfanatic024 »

If mount union can fix their mental mistakes this week it should be a easy win. The team is looking to get back on their feet and back to the normal pace and shouldn't have a close game until Bellwood and NBC watch for them this year to get hot

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk