Week Two District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week Two District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Central 2-0 Defeated Tyrone 31-7   Next up: @ Clearfield   Last week: #1
Central had their second big game in as many weeks, and came away with another dominant performance beating Tyrone 31-7.  Now they travel to Clearfield for a third consecutive showdown. It's a very difficult opening stretch for this team, but they are passing it with flying colors at the moment.  Alex Hoenstine has been fantastic through two games, and is averaging a cool 193 rushing yards per game, he will look to keep that rolling this week against the Bison. 

2. Juniata 2-0 Defeated Williams Valley 35-28   Next up: East Juniata   Last week: #2
Juniata was able to hold off Williams Valley and move to 2-0 on the year. Senior Quarterback Tyler Clark once again had a big game with three touchdown passes.  The Indians will host 1-1 East Juniata this week with the hopes of moving to 3-0. 

3. Bald Eagle 2-0  Defeated Philipsbirg-Osceola 55-0   Next up: Penns Valley   Last Week: #5
Is Bald Eagle truly the third best team in class 3A?  I'm not sure of that just yet, but they are 2-0 and are outscoring opponents 109-0.  The schedule will pick up soon, and Penns Valley should prove to be a more difficult test this week.  It's still a winnable game, and a 3-0 start could happen for the Bald Eagles. 

4. Forest Hills 1-1 Defeated Somerset 28-14   Next up: @ Johnstown       Last week: Not Ranked
After a disappointing loss in week one, Forest Hills surprised some people with a win against 4A Somerset.  The Rangers definitely did it in dramatic fashion as well. Junior defensive back Jon Long (who is off to a great start this season) picked off a pass and returned it 104 yards to win the game. At that point the Rangers were protecting a one score lead and Somerset was driving, so it was a pretty special way to win a game.  Can they keep it rolling this week?  Johnstown is very good, but perhaps Forest Hills gained some confidence with that win over Somerset. 

5. Tyrone 1-1 Lost to Central 31-7   Next up: Huntingdon   Last Week: #3
Tyrone couldn't hang witht the Dragons in week one, but no shame in that. Central seems like one of the best AAA teams in Pennsylvania. We'll see if they can rebound in a rivalry game with fellow 1-1 squard Huntingdon. 
Panthersfan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Week Two District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

Post by Panthersfan »

1) Central
2) Juniata
3) Tyrone
4) Forest Hills
5) Huntington
6) Penn Cambria

I understand your reasoning for putting Bald Eagle at 3, but beating up on St Joes and Phillipsburg isn't exactly impressive.... Bald Eagle is better obviously but they will lose their share of games coming up, definitely not a better football team than Tyrone, Forest Hills, or Huntington quite yet.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I'm with you, They'll come back to earth soon enough most likely. But until that happens, I'll give them credit for the big wins.
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

I think Bedford is in the mix here somewhere. 3-5 somewhere IMO.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I think Bedford is better than people expected them to be. Things will start to shake out in the next 2-3 weeks.