Week Two District Six Class AA Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Week Two District Six Class AA Power Rankings

Post by SportsFan04 »

I agree with Hank. Right now it is easily Ligonier's District to lose. Not to say that it won't change, or that it will end up that way, but with the talent they have and what they had returning they will walk to a Heritage title and they will walk to a district final until someone proves otherwise. Does McCort have the team to beat them? Maybe so, but as Hank said we know Ligonier's good. McCort has to prove they are good and that's not done in 2 weeks.
wilson12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wilson12 »

Hey Ghost, can you tell why, McCort best lineman from last year is on the bench playing 3rd team running back?  Would you think playing a game against BG, the McCort Coaching staff would play their best 11.  Last year, McCort's qb played both ways, this year only qb, again why would you have on the bench against BG?  I know, they don't want him to get hurt, isn't that chance you take to win a game, against Height he was the long snapper, could he get hurt running down the field covering punts?  These are the some of the reasons, why McCort seems they can win big games, their coaching staff trys to out think themself or they make mistakes by jumping offsides or have a holding call.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Couldn't tell you, I don't know any of the coaches.
wilson12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wilson12 »

Thanks, I thought you would know.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't think the two new starters on the line have looked bad or anything. They are seniors, maybe they improved and won the jobs. The #3 at linebacker has also played well through 2 weeks. I guess we'll see Friday if they need to adjust their personnel. 
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

Panthersfan wrote:I think McCort's line is very underrated, they have some solid players there. Crimson I'm curious why you have Ligonier above McCort. In my unbiased honest opinion as a Penn Cambria fan, I believe McCort beats Ligonier ten times out of ten and by at least 3 TD's I don't even think it's close between those two. I understand that Ligonier has a stud D1 athlete and will most likely go 10-0 but I just think that McCort is flat out the much, much better football team. Can you explain what makes you think that Ligonier is better?
People like this crack me up...  Dude hasn't seen Ligonier play this year, and he says McCort would beat them 10 times out of 10 by at least 3 TDS...
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Westmont is an interesting story.  Perhaps they can be a darkhorse and Bellwood is always tough with a 30+ year head coach that has seen everything.  So, I wouldn't say Ligonier will waltz into the district final.  Should be interesting to see if the competition level they play (no offense to anyone just a mostly-A conference) will impact come playoff time.   Penns Manor and Homer Center have been successful in the past so we'll see if Ligonier can get over the hump.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

deepcreek wrote:Westmont is an interesting story.  Perhaps they can be a darkhorse and Bellwood is always tough with a 30+ year head coach that has seen everything.  So, I wouldn't say Ligonier will waltz into the district final.  Should be interesting to see if the competition level they play (no offense to anyone just a mostly-A conference) will impact come playoff time.   Penns Manor and Homer Center have been successful in the past so we'll see if Ligonier can get over the hump.
Westmont sure gave Penns Manor a lot of trouble in the playoffs last year...
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

ChrisKentRam wrote:
deepcreek wrote:Westmont is an interesting story.  Perhaps they can be a darkhorse and Bellwood is always tough with a 30+ year head coach that has seen everything.  So, I wouldn't say Ligonier will waltz into the district final.  Should be interesting to see if the competition level they play (no offense to anyone just a mostly-A conference) will impact come playoff time.   Penns Manor and Homer Center have been successful in the past so we'll see if Ligonier can get over the hump.
Westmont sure gave Penns Manor a lot of trouble in the playoffs last year...
Westmont kids hadn't seen Wing-T until that point though, right? Not that it would've mattered, but that couldn't have helped their heads from not spinning.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

I think Westmont last year just got beat by a better team. The score did surprise me a bit, but Penns Manor was used to the playoffs and I suppose maybe the Westmont kids were just happy to be there. If their line is as good as some have mentioned on here, perhaps they can grind it our better this year. We shall see.