Week Three District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week Three District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Central 2-1  Lost to Clearfield 30-28  Next up: Penns Valley   Last: #1
I still think Central is the best AAA team in the area, even with a loss to Clearfield last week.  Central dug themselves a big hole, but battled back to lose by only two points. I hardly think that is worth dropping them from the top spot just yet. Central has had as tough of a start to the season as anyone around, and they nearly pulled off that 3-0 start.  I think they'll bounce back this week against a one win Penns Valley team. 

2. Juniata 3-0 Defeated East Juniata 38-0   Next up: @ Tri Valley  Last: #2
Juniata holds steady at #2 for me with shutout a win over East Juniata. They head to 2-1 Tri Valley this week with the hopes of staying unbeaten. 

3. Tyrone 2-1 Defeated Huntingdon 48-42  Next up: @ Philipsburg-Osceola   Last: #5
Tyrone rebounded from a loss to Cental with an overtime win over Huntingdon.  The Golden Eagles opened the year with three straight rivalry games, and managed to survive the stretch with a 2-1 record.  The road may be a bit easier over the next three weeks, starting with winless Philipsburg on the road.

4. Penn Cambria 2-1  Defeated Westmont 28-0 Next up: @ Central Cambria   Last: Unranked
Credit Penn Cambria for a shutout win over Westmont last week. The Panthers now have more wins than last season, and could be on their way to a nice season.  They have to travel to Ebensburg to face off against Central Cambria on Friday.  Although Central Cambria is struggling, Penn Cambria will need to be ready to play in this rivalry showdown. 

5. Bedford  2-1  Defeated Bishop Carroll 54-0  Next up: Richland   Last: Unranked
Bedford had little trouble with Bishop Carroll last week, as they cruised to a 54-0 victory. It'll get tougher this week with fellow 2-1 squad, Richland, coming to Bedford.