Week Three District Six Class A Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week Three District Six Class A Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Bishop Guilfoyle 3-0 Defeated Bishop McCort 31-14  Next up: Cambria Heights  Last: #1
Another game, another win for Bishop Guilfoyle. 35 in a row and counting for the Marauders' football program, and they will put the streak on the line this weekend against 0-3 Cambria Heights.  Like the previous two weeks, BG got a pretty good shot from McCort, but they were able to withstand it and take control in the second half. The target on their back has to grow each and every week, but they keep winning. 

2. Homer Center 3-0  Defeated Saltsburg 28-0   Next up: Northern Cambria   Last: #2
Homer was able to post their straight shutout with a 28-0 win over Saltsburg.  The Wildcats' schedule really starts to pick up this week, and we should be able to tell if they really are the second best team in the district.   They will have a hungry Northern Cambria team coming to Homer City on Friday night, as the Colts are coming off a tough loss to Ligonier. 

3. Williamsburg 3-0 Defeated Southern Huntingdon 31-16   Next up: Juniata Valley  Last: # 5
The Blue Pirates scored a third straight win to open the season. Williamsburg boasts one of the area's most potent rushing games, averaging 299 yards per game as a team. They will put that ground attack to test against 2-1 Juniata Valley on Friday, in a big ICC showdown. 

4. Portage 2-1  Defeated Meyersdale 14-0  Next up: Conemaugh Valley   Last: Not Ranked
Portage scored a shutout win in week two to climb back into my rankings for this week. The Mustangs have a schedule on the horizon that they could build up some momentum, and that starts with Conemaugh Valley on Friday. I could see Portage with a 6-1 record heading into the showdown with Berlin. 

5. Moshannon Valley 2-1  Lost to Everett  Next up: Claysburg-Kimmel   Last : #3
Moshannon Valley dropped a game to Everett last week in a bit of an upset. The Knights have been very consistent the past few seasons, and I think they should be able to bounce back with a win over Claysburg on Friday.