LHAC Football Forecast Week 6

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

LHAC Football Forecast Week 6

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I went 4-2 in my picks last week, and now sit at 29-7 on the year.  I wasn't surprised by the Westmont outcome, they are capable of winning just about any game. They'll give McCort everything they can handle on Saturday.  I was surprised a little by Cambria Heights knocking off Forest Hills. Although, Heights is a younger team with only five seniors, I figured they would gain a little momentum later in the season. Still, thought Forest Hills would win the game. 

To be honest, I have been a little under the weather the past few days, so this won't be as extensive as usual. 

[center]Bishop Guilfoyle (6-0) at Bishop Carroll (0-6) Friday 7:00[/center]
Perhaps the biggest mismatch of the 2016 season in the whole state. I don't think this game will do much for either side. Bishop Guilfoyle will have this well in hand early.
Marauders 54 Huskies 0

[center]Forest Hills (2-4) at Central Cambria (1-5) Friday 7:00[/center]
Central Cambria picked up their first win of the season last week, but it was a little close for comfort against Bishop Carroll.  Forest Hills isn't having an ideal season either.  Overall, I think the Rangers have a little more in the tank than the Red Devils do. I'm picking them in this one. 
Rangers 26 Red Devils 16

[center]Cambria Heights (2-4) at Penn Cambria (4-2) Friday 7:00[/center]
All the sudden Cambria Heights is on a two game winning streak.  The Highlanders seem to be improving, and have been opening things up more on offense. They are getting some production from the passing game finally. Penn Cambria appears to be a good team, their only losses are to the top two teams in the league. They are coming off a disapointing showing against Guilfoyle, but I think they respond. 
Panthers 28 Highlanders 12

[center]Richland (2-4) at Somerset (2-4) Friday 7:00[/center]
Both teams walk into this meeting on three game losing streaks.  The playoff situation for Somerset looks rather bleak, but if they are going to have a chance they need this one badly.  Richland still has some life for the playoffs in AA, and a win over a 4A team here could go a long way.  Honestly, I could see this one going either way. I'll give it to the home team. 
Golden Eagles 28 Rams 27

[center]Bedford (3-3) at Johnstown (6-0) Friday 7:00[/center]
Bedford comes in having lost two straight. The Bisons were playing good football early on, and I think they have some talent. I just think it'll be a tall task to beat the Trojans on their home field. 
Trojans 45  Bisons 13

[center]GAME OF THE WEEK[/center]
[center]Bishop McCort (5-1) at Westmont (3-3) Saturday 1:00  Trojan Stadium[/center]
I think this should be a good one. Westmont beat McCort last year for the first time since 2000 in an Overtime thriller. I think a similar game can be in store. Westmont uses a power game, whereas McCort uses their speed.  If Westmont can control the clock and pace of the game, it'll be tough for McCort to overcome like last season. I think McCort has obviously improved from last season, and should be up for the task.  I'll go McCort in a close one. 
Crimson Crushers 34 Hilltoppers 30