Week Seven District Six Class A Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week Seven District Six Class A Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Bishop Guilfoyle 7-0 Defeated Bishop Carroll 52-0  Next up: Central Cambria   Last Week: #1
As expected, Bishop Guilfoyle had no trouble with Diocesan rival, Bishop Carroll. The winning streak is now up to 39 straight games, and it should hit the 40 mark with 1-6 Central Cambria coming to Mansion Park.  

2. Portage 6-1  Defeated Windber 38-7  Next up: Berlin  Last Week: #3   
The Mustangs dispatched their rival Windber by 31 points. I now slide them back to the number two spot following Homer Center's loss. Portage now gets the chance to face Berlin, a team that beat them twice last season, at home.  I think they can pull it off and get to 7-1. 

3. Homer Center 6-1  Lost to Ligonier Valley 50-0 Next up: West Shamokin  Last Week: #2
Homer Center ran into a buzz saw last weekend against undefeated AA Ligonier Valley. Even with the loss, I still think Homer has put together a strong season to this point. They have a tough one with West Shamokin this week, but it's certainly winnable. 

4. Juniata Valley 5-2 Defeated Claysburg-Kimmel 40-12 Next up: Moshannon Valley   Last Week: #5
Juniata Valley rolled over Claysburg last week to improve to 5-2.  They have been a bit of a surprise team this year, and have quietly put together a strong season. They have a real big one this week with fellow 5-2 Moshannon Valley coming to Alexandria. 

5. Blairsville  5-2  Lost to United 26-24  Next up: Ligonier   Last Week: #4
Blairsville suffered their first setback in a hard-fought game with United. Now they get an even tougher game with Ligonier on Friday.  After seeing what Ligonier did to Homer last week, it's looking like there is a pretty clear separation at the top from them and everyone else.  We'll see if somehow the Bobcats can close it for this week.