Week Seven District Six Class AA Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week Seven District Six Class AA Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Ligonier Valley 7-0  Defeated Homer Center 50-0  Next up: @ Blairsville   Last Week: #1
Ligonier Valley overwhelmed Homer Center in a meeting of two undefeated teams. Collin Smith did Collin Smith things in the win, as he rushed for four touchdowns and threw for an additional two. He's been sensational this year at the QB spot. They get another top half team in the Heritage this week with Blairsville, but it seems Ligonier is a cut above everyone else in this league. I have Ligonier winning big again. 

2. Bishop McCort 6-1 Defeated Westmont 23-12  Next up: Johnstown     Last Week: #2
Bishop McCort had to work to beat Westmont, but prevailed in the end 23-13.  The Crushers' defense has been very good all season long, and they contained a dangerous Westmont rushing attack last week.  The defense will have a tougher test with Johnstown this week.  But overall, the McCort-Johnstown game should be big time. One is 7-0, the other is 6-1.  A lot of speed will be on display in this one. 

3. Bellwood-Antis 6-1  Defeated West Branch 42-8   Next up: Mt. Union  Last Week: #3
Bellwood cruised to an easy win over West Branch, and they stay in the hunt towards the top of the AA race. The Blue Devils, as they seemingly always do, lead the ICC and should be the favorites to win the next three games.  Mt. Union on Friday will be difficult however. I know the Trojans just lost last week,  but they have the talent to compete with Bellwood. 

4. Mt. Union 5-2  Lost to Everett 34-7  Next up: @ Bellwood Last Week: #4
I don't think anybody expected Everett to blitz Mt. Union by 27 points last week. One of the bigger shockers I can think of this season.  I can't drop the Trojans for the loss, but it raises a red flag. They have a huge game at Bellwood on Friday, they need to be more focused than last week or it will be one-sided again. 

5. Southern Huntingdon  4-3  Defeated Tussey Mountain 28-20   Next up: @ Everett   Last Week: Not Ranked
Southern Huntingdon has now won three straight games after their 1-3 start to the year.  The Rockets rushing tandem of Bryce Snyder and Eric Patton has been very effective to date. They will try to get their two backs going against a tough Everett team on the road this Friday.