Week Seven District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week Seven District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Central 6-1  Defeated Phillipsburg-Osceola 50-14   Next up: @ Bellefonte   Last Week: #1
Central cruised past Phillipsburg for their fourth consecutive win.  The Dragons once again got a standout performance from Alex Hoenstine who rushed for 3 touchdowns and 122 yards on just nine carries. He also threw a touchdown.  They will head up to Bellefonte this week in what could at least be a tricky game. 

2. Juniata 5-2  Lost to Newport 28-21   Next up: Halifax    Last Week: #2
I can't drop Juniata from #2 for a few reasons, one Newport is a solid 7-0 team, and two nobody behind them made a case for #2.  They play a 5-2 Halifax team this weekend. 

3. Tyrone 4-3  Lost to Clearfield 22-3   Next up: Hollidaysburg   Last Week: #3
I'll keep Tyrone at three, because losing to 4A Clearfield isn't the worst thing in the world. I think they have another tough one this week with 5A Hollidaysburg.  The Golden Tigers aren't having a great season, but they can definitely knock off Tyrone, who could fall to 4-4.

4. Huntingdon 3-4  Defeated Bald Eagle 30-19  Next up: @ Philipsburg-Osceola   Last Week: Not Ranked
Huntingdon has been on the wrong side of plenty of close games this season. I think they're a pretty good team, or at least a dangerous one.  They should roll over 0-7 Philipsburg this week to get to 4-4 before a game with Central. 

5. Penn Cambria 4-3  Lost to Cambria Heights 24-20  Next up: @ Forest Hills   Last Week: #4
Penn Cambria was expected to beat Cambria Heights last week and bounce back from the BG loss, but that didn't happen. The Panthers dug a hole they could not come back from, and they lost 24-20.  They have a big game with Forest Hills this week on the road. Both teams really, really need the win.