Week Eight District Six Class AA Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week Eight District Six Class AA Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Ligonier Valley 8-0   Won by Forfeit   Next up: Purchase Line   Last Week: #1
Ligonier will go for an undefeated Heritage Conference championship on Friday night against Purchase Line. 

2. Bellwood-Antis 7-1  Defeated Mt. Union 28-8   Next up: @ Southern Huntingdon  Last Week: #3
Bellwood held down a good Mt. Union team, and improved to 7-0 in the ICC, 7-1 overall. The Blue Devils should have the #2 seed in the District playoffs if they take care of business down the stretch. 

3. Bishop McCort 6-2  Lost to Johnstown 34-20   Next up: Central Cambria   Last Week: #2
McCort battled Johnstown last week, but came up short in the cross-town rivalry game.  The Crushers have lost two games this year to teams with a combined 16-0 record, but they've been beating everyone else just fine.  I expect McCort to improve to 7-2 when 1-7 Central Cambria comes to the Point Stadium. 

4. Westmont 4-4 Defeated Richland 28-13   Next up: Bishop Carroll   Last Week: Not Ranked
Westmont only sits with a 4-4 record, but I feel they should close out the season strong and get to 6-4.  The Hilltoppers have win-less Bishop Carroll on Saturday.  I expect the ground attack of the Hilltoppers to have no problem against the Huskies. 

5. Mt. Union 5-3 Lost to Bellwood-Antis 28-8   Next up: @ Northern Bedford   Last Week: #4
The Trojans dropped their second game in a row with a 20 point loss to Bellwood on Friday.  Mt. Union's offense has been sputtering lately, with just two touchdowns in the past two weeks.  The difficult stretch of schedule continues on Friday with a trip to a tough Northern Bedford team.