Week Eight District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Week Eight District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1. Central 7-1  Defeated Bellefonte 40-0   Next up: @ Huntingdon   Last Week: #1
Central has been the best team in AAA all year long, as they have yet to leave the top spot. The Dragons overwhelmed a pretty good Bellefonte team by 40 points. They could be walking into a difficult game on Friday against an improved Huntingdon team.  I expect Central to win, but it could be closer than expected. 

2. Juniata 6-2  Defeated Halifax 21-7  Next up: @ Line Mountain  Last Week: #2
The Indians stay in the two spot with a win over Halifax last week. They go on the road this week to play a 5-3 Line Mountain team. 

3. Huntingdon 4-4 Defeated Philipsburg-Osceola 56-15 Next: Central  Last Week: #4
The AAA race is really jumbled after the first two spots, and there will be plenty of jockeying for position these last weeks.  I have Huntingdon as the best of the 4-4's for now.  They've won 2 straight and have been competitive even in their losses. We'll see what they can do this week with top ranked Central visiting. 

4. Forest Hills 4-4 Defeated Penn Cambria 28-14  Next up: Richland  Last Week: Not Ranked
Forest Hills is back in the playoff mix with two straight wins.  The Penn Cambria game was big for both sides, but the Rangers seem to be catching a groove. They have a game with Richland this week, which means "Bailey Bowl" story lines, but Forest Hills has the better team and should find a way to win  at home. 

5. Tyrone 4-4 Lost to Hollidaysburg 34-13   Next up: @ Penns Valley     Last Week: #3
Tyrone couldn't hang with 5A Hollidaysburg, and the Golden Eagles fell to 4-4 on the year.  They will now finish the year with two games on the road, the first being against Penns Valley on Friday. 
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Week Eight District Six Class AAA Power Rankings

Post by jayjay6218 »

Is Tyrone really that down this year? Can any Tyrone people expand?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

jayjay6218 wrote:Is Tyrone really that down this year? Can any Tyrone people expand?
I'm far from "Tyrone people" but.....Coming into the season they were breaking in a new sophomore QB along with replacing a lot in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Combine that with injuries to the QB (they've played at least 4 different kids at QB) and a 1500 yard tailback along with a pretty tough schedule (Central, Bellwood, Clearfield, Hollidaysburg) its all added up to 4-4. I think they get 2 W's to close out the season and finish 6-4, #3 seed in AAA and a first round home game. Just my 2 cents.
You play to win the game!!!
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Dragon is almost right on. However I don't know that injuries played a lot into the record. The standard is the standard and obtaining that is just a little tougher this year.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Same for FH and a few others. Goes in cycles.
It ain't over until it's over.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

TAHS92Alum wrote:Dragon is almost right on. However I don't know that injuries played a lot into the record. The standard is the standard and obtaining that is just a little tougher this year.
Are u related to Mike Tomlin??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!