College Hoops 11/11-11/13

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: College Hoops 11/11-11/13

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Penn State has "become a mediocre program"?

Haha, maybe they have maintained being a mediocre program for a very long time.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

bigrig15 wrote:Im in favor of kithcart starting at the point i know there will be some growing pains but with the amount of seniors around him it should go pretty smooth. Looking at this roster I feel like they should be very good lots of very talented upperclassmen and some talented underclassmen but they might not even finish in the top 6 or 7 in the acc cause it's loaded this year
Yeah, I'm a big fan of getting Kithcart in the starting lineup.  Jones off the bench. Having Jones and Luther off the bench strengthens your bench too, so it has a positive effect in that regard as well. 

But Pitt has a lot of good set shooters, I think having a point guard like Kithcart would really open that up. If he can attack the seems and kick out to shooters, Pitt can have a dangerous offense. 
bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by bigrig15 »

The thing I worry about with Pitt is defensively cause if Artis is at point he will struggle guarding there and even Kithcart will struggle to guard quality PG's at first but I'd imagine they run a lot of zone but even there they have collective size with a lot of guys like around 6'6 or 6'7 give or take an inch or two but they don't really have a true big guy that can anchor the defense like they had when they had some real good big east teams
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Kithcart was noted as a defender out of high school. He didn't seem too out of place last night, I think he'll turn into a really good player down the line.
bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by bigrig15 »

Let's hope Pitt has actually had a run of some pretty good PG's look like he is the next in line