District Six Boys Basketball Power Rankings 1/22/2017

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: District Six Boys Basketball Power Rankings 1/22/2017

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I hate that there's even a cutoff at all. Especially now that home gyms will host the first two rounds.  Less logistics to figure out.  
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Bishop McCort 86
Cambria Heights 43

Richland 61
Forest Hills 40
Ryan Richardson went down early w/ a nasty ankle injury.  No flow on offense after that.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Johnstown 44
Central Cambria 42

Somerset 70
Penn Cambria 58
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Richland 80 - Penns Manor 50. Penns Manor led by one after the 1st quarter by hitting 3s but then it was all Richland after the Rams went to man defense. Richland was up by as much as 34 I think at one point. First time I have gotten to see the Rams this season. They are fun to watch for being a young team. They like to get up the court and if you make a mistake in your offensive end they will make you pay with their transition game. Their point guard killed PM with his penetration and dishing off to the Instone kid. People in front of me said he was only a freshman. I haven't seen any other AAA teams but I would have to think they have as good a shot as any to win district 6. They are gonna be really good next year if they keep progressing. They seem to be very well coached also.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Talent wise, Richland may be the best team in the LHAC.  Zimmerman is a terrific player.  
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

I ended up being impressed even more with their energy beginning in the 2nd quarter after I heard that that was their third game in four days. 
Pittfan1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pittfan1 »

Central Cambria is heading to D6 championship to face the Richland Rams. Now on Alex Persio the Bishop Carroll transfer doesn't seem to have a role on Central Cambria's team. He can shoot the ball, but his defense is awful. I think he should've stayed at Carroll he was the leader of that team, and now is a bench player for CC that doesn't have a role on the team. Also doesn't get as many shots as he did at BC...
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Pittfan1 wrote:Central Cambria is heading to D6 championship to face the Richland Rams. Now on Alex Persio the Bishop Carroll transfer doesn't seem to have a role on Central Cambria's team. He can shoot the ball, but his defense is awful. I think he should've stayed at Carroll he was the leader of that team, and now is a bench player for CC that doesn't have a role on the team. Also doesn't get as many shots as he did at BC...
And? He is first or second off the bench on a team that won games without him and contributes where he is needed. Shouldn't it matter more how his team needs him than how many shots he gets? You sound like a bitter fan and if that's the case then why would you want someone who "plays awful defense and is a shot hog"
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

It's like the professional ball player, pick any sport, who becomes a free agent and goes to a team that at least has a chance at winning a title.
It ain't over until it's over.