District Six Boys Basketball Power Rankings 2/5/2017

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District Six Boys Basketball Power Rankings 2/5/2017

Post by ChrisKentRam »

coachcarter wrote:I believe LV Would play Richland for their second game if things play out without any upsets. I haven't seen LV this year so maybe someone could give an idea on what to expect when these two teams meet and who would have an advantage. I think that game would be played at a neutral site. Prob Central Cambria. I think a bigger court favors Richland. 

Richland would obviously be the favorite, but I think that just like football season, Ligonier Valley will show all the LHAC lovers that they do in fact play basketball in other conferences. I get it I do, but I have actually watched games outside of just one conference. The LHAC is by far the best conference and the teams are the most prepared for the playoffs because of the competition they play. However, Ligonier is a very good team. They would be a very good team in the LHAC as well. That will be a better game than you think, and it's not like Liggy has no chance to win it. I will be looking forward to watching it.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

I'll put it this way WESTMONT pounded LV pretty easily I think by 20 plus.  I would say Richland is a tad bit better then WESTMONT.  I know someone is going to jump down my throats for this one but the Heritage is not very good this year and I would say outside of HC last year this conference has not one team that could win the LHAC or WestPac
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

theprophet wrote:I'll put it this way WESTMONT pounded LV pretty easily I think by 20 plus.  I would say Richland is a tad bit better then WESTMONT.  I know someone is going to jump down my throats for this one but the Heritage is not very good this year and I would say outside of HC last year this conference has not one team that could win the LHAC or WestPac
WestPac hahahahahahaha. Same statements you were making in football season. Look forward to watching the game with you champ. 
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

Westmont beat Liggy by 20, 91-71.  That was on December 17.  LV started out 3-4 and since have gone 14-2 with only 2 losses to Saltsburg.  LVs primary 8 man rotation includes a freshman, a sophomore and five football players who came back to basketball just before they played Westmont (Smith actually was still not back).  The fact is LV is much much better now than they were then.  The LHAC is much better than the Heritage but don't base your assessment of LV on December games.   Like Coach Carter, I think Richland should be favored (if both teams get there), but it is not a foregone conclusion that Richland will win.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

First please find me the post that I said anything about WestPac football? I'll wait, 2nd not sure if you know but this is a basketball post please stop referring to football. 3rd my dog in this fight is BC and I don't think you want to discuss basketball vs BC. 4th Shanksville a WestPac team would win the heritage walking away. Bottom line the heritage always has a big fish small pond mentality and nobody takes your league serious in basketball. The truth hurts
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Richland is the most talented team in AAA in my opinion. But they don't start any seniors and it shows sometimes. They go through bad stretches too often.  When they are clicking, they are very dangerous.  But I witnessed them score 7 points in a whole half against McCort a few weeks ago. Westmont locked them down in the fourth quarter a few weeks ago also. They're beatable but they are talented. 

Zimmerman is a really, really good player.  He's the best player in the AAA playoff field. If he's playing his best, it'll be hard for anyone to beat them. Not many teams have a player that can check him. 
JTMcMahonLV
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JTMcMahonLV »

theprophet wrote:I'll put it this way WESTMONT pounded LV pretty easily I think by 20 plus.  I would say Richland is a tad bit better then WESTMONT.  I know someone is going to jump down my throats for this one but the Heritage is not very good this year and I would say outside of HC last year this conference has not one team that could win the LHAC or WestPac
We are basing playoff predictions off of games in December now? C'mon now! LV's athletes we're just getting into the swing of bball season from their deeeeeep state playoff run in football. And Colin Smith, who remember is playing football at WVU, wasn't even playing then. They're a much better team than ppl think. Whatever athletes Richland, or whoever they play, has LV will be able to easily match up with. They may not be better basketball players than their competition but put five athletic kids who are relentless on the court and I'll take my chances! Go Rams!
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

theprophet wrote:First please find me the post that I said anything about WestPac football?  I'll wait, 2nd not sure if you know but this is a basketball post please stop referring to football.  3rd my dog in this fight is BC and I don't think you want to discuss basketball vs BC. 4th Shanksville a WestPac team would win the heritage walking away.  Bottom line the heritage always has a big fish small pond mentality and nobody takes your league serious in basketball.  The truth hurts
I don't really care who your dog in the fight is. Really don't  care to discuss any private school's unfair advantage like every other post. Just like every year Guilfoyle football players take some time to get it going in basketball season. It's the same story for Ligonier this year. Quit arguing with yourself and listen to the words coming out of my mouth. As I stated. Richland is the better team. The LHAC is the better Conference and it isn't even close. However, good basketball does exist outside of your little world. Ligonier Valley is a good team, and they will have a chance if they meet Richland. Let me repeat myself again in different words so maybe you can get it through your skull. Richland is the favorite and very well may win, but Ligonier will have a chance. 
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Sorry Crimson, I didn't mean to start an argument on your blog. Was just looking for analysis on a team I haven't seen play. And I think that Westmont will really benefit from moving into the 3rd seed spot. They get to avoid both Richland and LV until the championship game. If they get past a good CC team they may get a juniata team that doesn't look as good as their record may indicate in the Semi's.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

They still talking about football lol