New Coaching Opening

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: New Coaching Opening

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Very true, but talented teams lose games all the time.  A good coach makes a difference.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Manfred wrote:Don't know the Coach, but do follow results produced by teams.  Lets not kid ourselves here, ANY team has the success they have and earn, because of the core of athletes they have any given season.  Ferndale has had some stud basketballers the past few years, and it showed.  W/o these studs, how good would Durham have been?  You can't make chicken salad out of chicken........
From someone who has seen them play BC 4 times the past 2 season the only stud they had was the Hinton kid.  I can tell you the thought was when he graduated they would struggle, however they were just as good if not better this past season without Hinton.  That is a sign of a good coach.  I know Cosie thinks very highly of Durham.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The Shaffer (sp) kid was pretty good. Name escapes me, but they had another decent kid this yr. too. Not Hinton calibre, but decent.
It ain't over until it's over.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

The Shaffer kid was a little bit better then solid IMO.  Still good though.  They had a sophomore this year who replaced the kid who missed the season with injury.  He wasn't to bad, but only made lay ups.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I didn't expect Ferndale to be as good as they were without Hinton since he did so much for them the previous season. I thought Durham did a good job this season.