Very Early Preseason District Six Football Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Very Early Preseason District Six Football Rankings

Post by Manfred »

The LHAC schedules are the same teams same place in the schedule, but the home/ homes have flipped. For instance last year FH opened with Westy @ Trojan Stadium. This year, it's Westy again for game #1, but in Sidman.
It ain't over until it's over.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Manfred wrote:The LHAC schedules are the same teams same place in the schedule, but the home/ homes have flipped.  For instance last year FH opened with Westy @ Trojan Stadium.  This year, it's Westy again for game #1, but in Sidman.
All schedules are up: http://www.westernpafootball.net/db/schedules/index.php5
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Will learn a lot about this years Dragon squad real early. Open at Hollidaysburg then get to break in the new turf at Tyrone week 2 followed by a visit from Clearfield week 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Yeah AA should be interesting in general.

Westmont has 2 of their 3 top rushers back with a big line again. They'll do what they do, ball control. 
I was told that the majority of their line graduated and they didn't have much size up front this year. Based on maxpreps this looked to be the case as well
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Based off of last year's roster, the five biggest linemen they return are listed at ....

6'3" 300
6'3" 260
5'6" 250
5'9" 230
6'1" 210

That's pretty big for a AA team, they won't all be 6'3" 260 like last year, but they still have some size up front.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Will learn a lot about this years Dragon squad real early. Open at Hollidaysburg then get to break in the new turf at Tyrone week 2 followed by a visit from Clearfield week 3.
Dragon the field is looking real good, will be interesting to see if the sod holds up that night. That will be the first action on it, but its for sure the nicest grass this side of Beaver Stadium currently
-BIRDS OF PREY-
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

TAHS92Alum wrote:
Dragon the field is looking real good, will be interesting to see if the sod holds up that night. That will be the first action on it, but its for sure the nicest grass this side of Beaver Stadium currently
Yes. Saw a couple pics on twitter. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Based off of last year's roster, the five biggest linemen they return are listed at ....

6'3" 300
6'3" 260
5'6" 250
5'9" 230
6'1" 210

That's pretty big for a AA team, they won't all be 6'3" 260 like last year, but they still have some size up front.
I guess on paper it doesn't look bad. This person seemed to think their line was going to be a weak spot this year. There is a difference between an athletic/strong 6'3" 260 and an out of shape 6'3" 260, so maybe that's the difference? 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Could be, I didn't think their line was overly athletic beyond Bulas last year.  They were big and imposing. 

I still think with Moors and Kushner, they'll be able to run the ball.  The Moors kid is a really good athlete. So it may not be 3 yards and a cloud of dust each play, I think he'll find more running lanes and be able to cut to the outside this year.  The look may be a little different, but I think the results can be similar. 
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

Big but young (3 sophomores) Westmont lost a lot from last years class.  I think it will be a pretty competitive conference this year.   BG with Sankey in the backfield and the giant oline in front will probably go undefeated again.  I give PC 2 years before they make a playoff push very little seniors.  Dark horse is CC, nice sized line (265avg) that has experience if they can hold up like the previous poster said they got the athletes.  
Also if anyone is bored tomorrow 7on7 at Mansion Park.  Tyrone, Altoona, Clearfield and other local teams will be there.