Very Early Preseason District Six Football Rankings

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Very Early Preseason District Six Football Rankings

Post by Manfred »

youngbuck wrote:
Manfred wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Huntington is a good team, and I think they'll be right in it until the end. I don't think many people are sleeping on them, just people are more trusting of Tyrone and Central until proven otherwise.  

Forest Hills feels like a bigger sleeper at the moment. They could have a big year, but they definitely need to prove it. 
Expecting 6-4.  Any more will be gravy.
??? BG and Johnstown.  Who else are you expecting them to lose to?  
Some may know more about FH's opponents than I do, but 6-4 is my conservative estimate.  They could be 7-3, 8-2.  I could see them having a bad game when the opponent is on their game, and -could-....-could-....lose to Somerset this week, CH, and Bedford.  That along with the 2 you mentioned, would be 5-5 again.
It ain't over until it's over.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

I think, if FH stays healthy, they finally get off the 5-5, lose in the 1st Round, rut.

A question I have: The Trib-Dem predicted BG 9-1, if I read their preseason outlook correctly. Who, pray tell, do they think will beat BG?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Well, as a homer newspaper, likely either the Trojans or Crushers.
It ain't over until it's over.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

BG has the most important ingredient for a successful football team,...a big, strong, athletic, quick, experienced Offensive Line.

It may be the best O-line in the State, among Class A schools.

I will truly be shocked if an LHAC team beats them, even Jtown.

But, I guess anything could happen.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Manfred wrote:Well, as a homer newspaper, likely either the Trojans or Crushers.
The homer newspaper picked McCort to go 5-5....
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

McCort will be be better than 5-5, probably more like 7-3, maybe 8-2. Then, they'll surprise LV in the playoffs.

The thing,...one of the things,... about BG:
Over the past 3 seasons, while most teams were playing 10 Reg Season games, plus a playoff game, or 2, BG played 16 games each year.
That's 48 games in 3 years, while others played 30-35, or something like that. Like 50% more games.
That's like an extra season on the field, in game situations, 18 of them being playoff games.
That is a "Yuge" added benefit/side effect of dominating the Class A playoffs. 50% more time on the field allows more opportunities for the younger guys to get experience.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I think McCort *can* have a similar season to last year. But they are paper thin. If they get any more injured than they are or if Walters does not come back at all, it could be a long year.
Pafootball22
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pafootball22 »

223113 wrote:McCort will be be better than 5-5, probably more like 7-3, maybe 8-2. Then, they'll surprise LV in the playoffs.
After seeing lv handle McCourt last year in the playoffs, I don't think a game this year would be even close, McCourt lost a ton from last year
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Pafootball22 wrote:
223113 wrote:McCort will be be better than 5-5, probably more like 7-3, maybe 8-2. Then, they'll surprise LV in the playoffs.
After seeing lv handle McCourt last year in the playoffs, I don't think a game this year would be even close, McCourt lost a ton from last year
Yeah, Ligonier won 35-7 last year, it'd be more of the same this year.  Ligonier is really, really good. 
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

223113 wrote:BG has the most important ingredient for a successful football team,...a big, strong, athletic, quick, experienced  Offensive Line.
Yeah that helps.  They also have 7 or 8 guys that run sub 4.7 in the 40, 13 guys that are listed at 6'2 or taller, and a roster in the mid 50's.  I'd say they've got a pretty good shot at repeating.  It's funny the best small school game out there this year would be BG vs LV.  Unfortunately, LV will beat up on single A teams and a couple of bad to average AA's for the next 9 weeks.  Then they'll trade places with BG and they'll beat them up for the following 5 weeks until they get another ring.  LV will steamroll through D6AA again.  Fortunately for them there isn't another Steel Valley this year in the WPIAL, so if they can get past SC this year they would have a shot.