Loaded College Football Weekend

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Loaded College Football Weekend

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

A HUGE weekend of college football on the horizon. Seemingly all of the top teams are squaring off against each or other big road tests.  Going to be worth sitting back and watching football all day Saturday, there's a lot going on. 

Friday Night 10:30 FS1 ESPN   #9 Washington at Stanford 
Washington is the last of the undefeated/one loss teams, and they hate it. But they are there for a reason, they have a terrible loss and no good wins and a weak non-conference schedule.  Still, it'll work itself out if the Huskies keep winning. This is a big game, even if Stanford has 3 losses.  It's a showcase game for Washington, as they need a big win, and it's a showcase for Stanford Heisman candidate Bryce Love. 
Saturday
12:00 FOX   #12 Michigan State at #13 Ohio State 
Big Ten East first place is on the line.  Wisconsin will be watching this game closely, they will likely play the winner of this game in the B1G Title game, and they really need a big win and for one of these teams to win out. 

12:00 ABC  #15 Oklahoma State at #21 Iowa State
Neither team is really a threat to make the playoffs still, but these are two quality teams.  Iowa State is quite the upstart, and this season has raised the profile of Head Coach Matt Campbell even more.  Oklahoma State has one of the most entertaining offenses in football.  Just a fun team to watch.  Ames is a tough place to play. 

3:30 CBS  #1 Georgia at #10 Auburn
Georgia has a huge road test here.  The committee has made it pretty clear to make Auburn the best 2 loss team for now.  I'm sure just to hype their games with Georgia and Bama down the stretch, but still they are quality team.  This should be a battle. Low scoring game in my opinion. 

3:30 ESPN Florida State at #4 Clemson
Ordinarily, when FSU and Clemson meet this late in the year, it'll be the game of the weekend.  Not this year.  Is FSU really this bad?  I guess they are.  They still have athletes, I wonder if they bother Clemson for a while. 

3:30 ABC #20 Iowa at #8 Wisconsin
Wisconsin needs a win over a ranked team, and they may get that chance this weekend. Iowa just obliterated Ohio State last weekend. They have 3 losses, and all 3 were close, so I tend to think Iowa is fairly good.  Wisconsin needs this badly.  It may be a snooze fest, but they just need the W. 

7:00 ESPN #2 Alabama at #16 Mississippi State
Get ready for some cowbells.  Starkville can be a tough place to play, but I'm sure Alabama will win 31-7 or something like that. 

8:00 ABC  #3 Notre Dame at #7 Miami
Catholics vs. Convicts.  ESPN has been showing all their Miami 30 for 30's all week. Are both teams finally "back" ? This game will be a lot of fun with Gameday being in town.  Should be a playoff elimination game more less. 

8:00 FOX  #6 TCU at #5 Oklahoma
This is for first place in the Big 12.  With all of the top 4 teams having tough schedules, the winner of this game could be in the top 4 come next Tuesday. 
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Loaded College Football Weekend

Post by BlueYonder »

I agree - a great weekend with lots of great games.  An under-the-radar team is Auburn.  2 losses now.  But if they Beat UGa, and beat Bama, then they will play for the SEC championship.  If they win that - I think no matter what else happens - they will be in the playoff with 2 losses.  Their only two losses are @ LSU (who is playing better now) and @ Clemson.  It will be real tough for them to pull that off - but they're in the mix.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

You forgot Rutgers @ PSU! Haha just kidding. That is where I will be however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

Top 3 teams may go down this weekend.  Bama in a dogfight, Georgia lost, and ND losing right now big.  That would be the first time since 1966.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Bama survived. Miami and wisconsin should be 2 and 3 now. We will see the rest in my top 10!!

Lotta potential PSU and Ohio state scenarios could happen from last year