Jim Harbaugh

High School & College Sports Enthusiast Jim Hammett breaks it down for you!
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Jim Harbaugh

Post by footballfan1 »

I am not an expert on college football, however, I question his coaching at times at Michigan. He was rotating QB's today and his true freshman was doing a decent job when in there. However, he fumbled in the 4th quarter and luckily a Mich St player kicked the ball out of bounds. Then with a 3 point lead and 7 min left in the game, he sends him out after Michigan forced a Mich St punt. The young man fumbles and Mich St recovers and scores a TD to win the game. His fumble was a read play and the RB was not expecting to get the ball looking at the replay. WHY WHY do you have a true freshman in there when your starter had thrown for almost 300 yards and is the more experienced?? 4th quarter and 7 min left.

He is a great X and O guy, and as a fan who knows a little about football, why in the world did he have an 18-year-old in there? I think he has been outcoached at times and outcoached himself some with his career at Michigan.

Did anyone see the play?
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Jim Harbaugh

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I saw the play but was playing Monopoly with my kids during the game, so didn't pay attention to the minutiae. But what a tremendous game and a fun way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon.
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roofee »

Let me start by saying I'm a huge Michigan fan and have been for a long time. I was super excited when they hired Harbaugh, but many times I find myself saying wtf!!!! Like today when he put the freshman in with a lead, I about threw up when he fumbled the ball. I just don't get it. Sometimes I wonder how his win percentage is 70 percent.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

As good as a coach as he is, until he consistently can beat Michigan State & Ohio State, he will ALWAYS be on the hot seat. No matter whomever the coach is at Michigan, he's got to beat those two or he is in trouble.
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roofee »

I was on the tail end of the Bo era..... he was the greatest no doubt. But, that being said my favorite all time is Lloyd Carr hands down, he couldn't beat OSU consistently though so the boosters and powers that be ran him out. After Lloyd, not only couldn't michigan beat osu, they can't beat anybody xonsistently!!!!! Michigan rarely lost to MSU under coach Carr!!!! Now here we are.....