Top Shows of 2021

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Top Shows of 2021

Post by konjo78 »

With the year ending I always love to go back and see what my favorite things are. Movies, tv shows, life events, ect so I figured why not start a fun thread here where we can all put our favorite TV shows of the year, who knows maybe we'll discover something new that we may never have otherwise. So with that these were my 6 favorite TV shows of 2021 with quick thoughts.

1. Arcane: League of legends (netflix)- This Animated show became my favorite show of 2021. I usually am not of fan of animated shows but the story of Arcane was simple but powerful to the core. 9 episodes that starts out looking like a kid adventure in a fantasy world quickly becomes a game of thrones style story that is clearly not for kids. Can not recommend the show enough, even if you dont like animation.

2. Ted Lasso (apple+)- what is there to say besides one of the most heartwarming/uplifting shows out there. Something that I can put on any day and itll make me smile. Truly an amazing show that makes Apple+ worth.

3. Loki (Disney +) - im a marvel fan, this show was imo the best of all the new shows that game out. Its a story that keeps itself grounded with in its own show and has a solid start beginning to end. 6 episodes make it a nice easy watch.

4. Invincible (amazon prime) - wow was this show a surprise. Simple super hero animation I wanted nothing with but the violent and high stake story had me binging it all in one night. I didnt want to watch this show, i dont like animated shows but bored one night i put it on and understand the hype behind it. It starts and doesnt stop until the finale

5. The Witcher (Netflix) - the reason i waited to post this was the 2nd season just debuted and reviews gave me high hopes it could make the list. 2nd season has no weird time story, it also feels a bit disconnected at parts but Geralt and Ciri's story was expertly done. Lot more monster fights and a few surprised if you like season 1 youll love season 2.

6. Succession (hbo) - going into 2021 I thought this show would be clearly Number 1, and its still very good, but the first half the season was extremely weak. It wasnt until the final few episodes until the show got back to its top tier storytelling. The acting is incredible and the family dynamic is amazing, if you havent given this show a try I highly recommend starting it from season 1.

What are some shows other bleacherrcoaches users like this year?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Top Shows of 2021

Post by Manfred »

Newsmax #1.
It ain't over until it's over.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Haven't watched the Witcher yet heard it's very good. Never read the books but played the games and if it's as good as the games then it should be very enjoyable. I loved every second of Loki very good. Hawkeye has been good. If you like Marvel Spiderman No Way Home was amazing.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Manfred wrote: December 19th, 2021, 7:22 amNewsmax #1.
Any update if JFK Jr. Showed up in Dallas yet?
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

The only new show that I can think of that I really liked was "Only murders in the building" with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez. I was skeptical of the premise of true-crime podcasting, but it really had clever writing and great acting.

I never saw "Oz" but was was recently reading a book about the history of HBO and it got me curious. I am a few episodes in and it's okay but not great so far.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: December 19th, 2021, 11:15 pm The only new show that I can think of that I really liked was "Only murders in the building" with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez. I was skeptical of the premise of true-crime podcasting, but it really had clever writing and great acting.

I never saw "Oz" but was was recently reading a book about the history of HBO and it got me curious. I am a few episodes in and it's okay but not great so far.
Only Murders is one I need to catch up on.

Squid Game was the thing so many watched, and it was good with some great acting, but I wasnt a big fan of the story. Felt like more of a "WOW LOOK AT THAT" with each game.

If you havent watched it yet I strongly recommend Arcane on netflix. For me it was the best "new" and overall show of 2021. In my opinion probably the best first season of a show since westworld
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I totally forgot to mention "Midnight Mass." It's sort of a fantasy horror show but is more suspenseful than horror and is an interesting dive into morality through the lense of demons and angels.