Konjo Reviews: The Darkest Hour

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Konjo Reviews: The Darkest Hour

Post by konjo78 »

I've been able to see three more movies over the holiday weekend, The Darkest Hour, The Post and All the Money in the World. I'm doing my first review of these three on the movie I enjoyed the most. The Darkest Hour is a biopic on the first month Winston Churchill became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. So much of this movie highlighted historical information I was never aware of going in and really peaked my interest. I will also put out there I'm a huge lover of WW2 movies and just overall historical based movies, so there is bias here. 
The stand out in this movie though was the amazing performance by Gary Oldman as Churchill himself, should win best actor at the Oscars in my opinion. Everything he brought to the performance just made this movie more special. This movie also highlights some different things we hear about in Dunkirk and leaving the theater I couldn't help but feel these movies are perfect to be coupled together for a truly special experience. 

I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who loves dramas, biopics and historical movies. One of the best I've seen the past year!

Overall Score: 9/10