September 11, 2001

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

September 11, 2001

Post by Earl34 »

Can t stop watching documentaries. Feelings still pretty raw after 17 years.  Even though we live here in the sticks the feeling of togetherness was strong on 9 12. I wish we as Americans didn t have such short memories. Less fighting amongst ourselves would be better for everyone. Thank God for brave first responders! May we never forget! 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: September 11, 2001

Post by Manfred »

While out N about yesterday, I couldn't help but stop and watch the Presidential air show on its way to & from Shanksville. It was definitely a time of remembrance and reflection. "Land of the FREE, BECAUSE of the BRAVE!
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Yes, we had the Ospreys flying over the office. I took some nice video. Anyone who was old enough to remember can tell you where they were when they realized something was going on. I was in a longer than usual fifth grade music class when kids were being pulled out left and right. United 93 flew over where my dad works and crashed on the other side of the hill. At the same time, my mother was in New Baltimore hanging clothing on the line when she heard what sounded like a shotgun going off, even at that distance. My wife was in the Shanksville school, also a fifth grader, thinking that they were being bombed. It really hits you personally when you reflect back. Every once in a while I'll rant with a conspiracy theorist online about their hoax ideas, just the nerve of the disrespect irks be to no end. I have no personal connection to anyone that day, but I still take it so personally. It makes you think of what would you have done in their situation? Could you have walked in their shoes? It's truly amazing. Strangers coming together in a fight to survive, a fight that likely saved others lives and sacrificed their own. God Bless the USA.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

While I was in Lowe's, a clerk was whining because she had a 15 mile detour around the Johnstown airport to get to work. She wasn't a Trump fan then or before.
It ain't over until it's over.