Konjo's 10 movies to look forward to in 2019

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Konjo's 10 movies to look forward to in 2019

Post by konjo78 »

In no certain order I will put out 10 movies to look forward to this year!

1. Us: coming off of his breakout hit Get Out, Jordan Peele is coming out with his next project US. What looks like another thriller and the fresh feel of Get Out this movie will definitely be one to keep our eyes on.

2. Godzilla King of Monsters: Personally I'm one of the people who loved the first Gozilla movie in this new rebooted universe. This one see's 4 major monsters coming together to wage war with no shortage of spectacle. For many this might be the Godzilla movie they will remember the immortal creature by.

3. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: A Quinton Tarantino movie featuring stars like DiCaprio, Pitt, Robbie and Pacino is one to look out for. Tarantino never disappoints in giving something that has as unique feel or edge to it.

4. Jumanji 2(or 3): What ended being a huge breakout hit in 2017, the Rock will be back with a Jumanji sequel. While I personally am not sure this is needed the movie that came out around a year ago was enjoyable and fun. I imagine the same will be said when this takes on Star Wars again.

5. Lion King: Point black its time to start getting into the empire itself, Disney. The first on this list, the live action Lion King will be a huge hit with a wonderful cast and a spectacle of a film. Having a similar feel to Jungle Book with animals taking/realism we are going to launch ourselves back into one of the biggest animated hits we've ever seen. Even though I'm not thrilled about all these live action remakes I look to my younger cousins who may not have seen some of these classics since they rarely make it on DVD or tv anymore. This one will be sure to make a run at the 2 billion dollar club.

6. Dumbo: To be honest this is one in my top 3 lists. The trailers have felt unique and its a story I can say I do not remember as well as I would like. I think this movie is going to be a sleeper hit to things like Aladdin, Lion King and End Game but will certainly hit all of our hearts right where it hurts.

7. Toy Story 4: Another major titan for Disney is coming out this summer with Toy Story 4. The 3rd installment was one that was a family hit and its a franchise that you can say there hasn't really been a bad movie yet. Pixar would not be coming out with a 4th installment unless they can keep that pedigree going so look for Woody and Buzz to have the animated movie of 2019 here.

8. It Chapter 2: IT Chapter one was a breakout hit and helped breath life into the boring horror film genre. While the adult version may be tougher to pull off, we all remember the 90s tv movie, with talents like Bill Hader and James McAvoy I have a lot of faith this will please audiences in that September slot.

9. Star Wars Episode IX: The end of the new trilogy might be coasting to the finish but its still one a large majority will be looking forward too next Christmas season. With Abrams back in the directors chair there is really no clear path to where this finale will go. That in itself makes this movie a little more interesting.

10. Avengers End Game: Okay I will say I purposely left this one for last. I mean come on how can you not put End Game at the end???? It is 100% going to be the biggest hit of 2019 as Marvel Studios has really made history with what they've pulled off. This movie will be the last we see of a lot of classic Avengers and move us forward into new territories. This will most likely pull over 2 billion dollars like Infinity War and will be the new pedigree for greatest Movie Franchise. 

Did I miss anything on the list? What are some movies you are looking forward to? Will Disney's attempt at the biggest box office year for a studio ever succeed or under perform? 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Konjo's 10 movies to look forward to in 2019

Post by 12HankQB »

I'm going to throw out Zombieland 2. I think Zombieland is an under appreciated movie in the wife community. It's one of my favorites. Sadly, Bill Murray probably won't be in this one...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Konjo's 10 movies to look forward to in 2019

Post by konjo78 »

12HankQB wrote:I'm going to throw out Zombieland 2. I think Zombieland is an under appreciated movie in the wife community. It's one of my favorites. Sadly, Bill Murray probably won't be in this one...
Solid choice! Zombieland was a great movie that kind of gets lost. I know when doing my list I was a bit jaw dropped with how many branded movies are coming out. I know i left a lot out, could of easily been a 25 film list and still feel good