Coronavirus this n that

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Coronavirus this n that

Post by lgb87cape »

What are the chances of having a Legion baseball season ?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’d say probably doubtful. I’m just hoping football can start on time.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

As of a week ago, Legion D7 chairman told Coach Gramling to prepare for the season and District tournament as if everything was normal, with the season to open around End of May as always. However, that window grows smaller day by day, and planned spring upgrades to the new Sidman field and install of new scoreboard have come to a screeching halt several weeks ago.
It ain't over until it's over.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Saw on twitter today that the Legion Baseball season has been cancelled. I guess next up is AAABA.....
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Why does WJACtv care about the Legion league being cancelled. They haven't sent a camera out to a game for highlights since Ashley Chase and Pat Welter were they like 3-4 years ago?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

You're right about that. But they had to put something in that 3 minute space they call Sports coverage. Since the 'experts' say this thing is going to come back in the fall, we might as well cancel football and basketball, wrestling seasons too. Yeah, AAABA will be the next to fall.
It ain't over until it's over.
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCFan »

Lots of Speculation and predictions are that schools will re-open anywhere from Sep. 1 to Oct. 15 so fall sports are definitely going to be in question if it plays out that way
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

If we're still on lock-down come June, there might be rioting in the streets. People are already losing faith. I saw very few people wearing masks (including the employees) at the store yesterday.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

lgb87cape wrote: April 14th, 2020, 7:41 am Why does WJACtv care about the Legion league being cancelled. They haven't sent a camera out to a game for highlights since Ashley Chase and Pat Welter were they like 3-4 years ago?
I'm sure the local Legion league sent out a press release to all the local media outlets.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Colonel Mustard wrote: April 14th, 2020, 12:01 pm If we're still on lock-down come June, there might be rioting in the streets. People are already losing faith. I saw very few people wearing masks (including the employees) at the store yesterday.
I'm not sure why, the social distancing thing seemed to help significantly. I can't imagine the death tolls if we continued about our business. I also wonder if we started a week or two sooner how many more lives we could save saved.