Coronavirus this n that

General Chit-Chat, Movies/TV, No Sports Discussion. Be that guy with his crew at the coffee shop at 6 am...
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Coronavirus this n that

Post by Manfred »

Colonel, it's the instant gratification thing. Plastic in hand. Live for today for tomorrow may never come. And now, for many, it doesn't. Bankruptcies have been too easy for decades.
It ain't over until it's over.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Coronavirus this n that

Post by ERAChamp »

Colonel Mustard wrote: April 15th, 2020, 9:15 am I'm amazed by some of the news stories that show hundreds (thousands) of cars in line at food banks. We are only a few weeks into this thing and people are already desperate. Either people just like free stuff, or a lot of people are living beyond their means. I'm shocked that people don't have anything set aside for an emergency.
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately we are a society that wants EVERYTHING right now. I'll never forget something my dad told me when I was a little kid, that I've come to live by - money is just a medium of exchange, if you don't have it, you don't exchange. Pretty simple philosophy that don't buy what you don't need if you can't pay for it. I personally know many people that have already spent the stimulus money before they even got it - on a new grill, new swingset, etc. - just crazy!! WAY too many people live above their means and don't have "rainy-day" money. Like others have mentioned, you don't need a new car every other year or the latest iPhone or whatever. This is going to be a BIG reality check for many, many people.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The American economy is highly dependent on people buying things they don't need with money they don't have.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

knowitall wrote: April 15th, 2020, 10:03 am The American economy is highly dependent on people buying things they don't need with money they don't have.
Sad, but true.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Maybe it is being selfish but at Cacapon State park you can golf for free. Restrooms or nothing like that is open but you just show up and can walk and golf for free. It might be something to think about as it is just a little ways past Breezewood. Give a little sense of normalcy. Berkley Springs WV.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Yes, about 5 mi. south of Berkeley Springs. It's a park with most amenities, and run by the STATE of West by God Virginia. Went there twice, both times we got rained out once we got there.
Last edited by Manfred on April 15th, 2020, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

That's such a nice town/area. God gave us 522 to give a little break from the highway
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

I realize Trump has his faults and he is taking a beating from Dems over virus decisions, but whoever was president right now would be under a lot of pressure and scrutinized? I a not into politics whatsoever.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean The US has not done poorly at all on things.... the same democrats that are criticizing him now for "not doing anything" were the ones calling him racist and fear mongering for banning travel from china and areas where COVID-19 were prevelant. They also were telling people not to worry, to still go out like normal.

Our rates per population arent the worst and instead of blaming china, europe is who i have more fault with
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Yeah, they individualize the European countries to compare to the entire US. You want German numbers, okay compare it to Ohio. Italy, Florida. France, Colorado. Luxemburg, Sidman.....
If only closed minds came with closed mouths