Northern Bedford 7-7 Summer Shootout 2015

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Northern Bedford 7-7 Summer Shootout 2015

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I agree that Central appears to have it together this year. It is 7 on 7 though so we shall see. If memory serves correctly, I heard of another team like this last year. To fast, to talented, and no one could stand in their way. May ring a bell to others as well.

It was not BG either :)
-BIRDS OF PREY-
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I too remember that rather well Alum.

7 on 7 is great but a team like Tyrone it doesn't do a lot of justice. Tyrone's obvious strength is up front and no matter what they look like in July they will be a handful come September.
You play to win the game!!!
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Dragon there is a lot of concern in Tyrone for the development of the passing game. Come September you're probably going to have the upper hand. Everyone is hopeful that they can salvage the early half of the season as the new starters get some games under there belt. A lot of young talent, but very green. The strength of the team is the Offensive line. We have 4 multiple year starters there, and the return of one who started as a Sophomore(concussion) as the 5th. Same type of experience in the Defensive front 7. They just need to throw enough to get some guys out of the box.

With a rough start to the schedule, Bellwood, Central, Huntingdon, then a week later Clearfield, there will be some challenges and losses. Come Round 1 though we should be a tough out.

In other words its going to be a typical year. A lot of ground and pound, with scattered passing.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Just as a couple side notes

1. What would a district final of Tyrone and Central do for this rivalry? That hasn't happened yet. Might be interesting

2. I made a post yesterday about Tyrone's long time equipment manager who had fallen at home in serious condition. Central may be a rival but I saw some real class by one of their members. Donation made... AJ Hoenstine and Family. Kudos to him for that display.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

TAHS92Alum wrote:Just as a couple side notes

1. What would a district final of Tyrone and Central do for this rivalry? That hasn't happened yet. Might be interesting

2. I made a post yesterday about Tyrone's long time equipment manager who had fallen at home in serious condition. Central may be a rival but I saw some real class by one of their members. Donation made... AJ Hoenstine and Family. Kudos to him for that display.
1. That would be great and Mansion Park would be packed for sure.

2. I saw that as well and knowing the family as well as I do was not surprised. Good people.
You play to win the game!!!
Eaglealum2
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Eaglealum2 »

TAHS92Alum wrote:Dragon there is a lot of concern in Tyrone for the development of the passing game. Come September you're probably going to have the upper hand. Everyone is hopeful that they can salvage the early half of the season as the new starters get some games under there belt. A lot of young talent, but very green. The strength of the team is the Offensive line. We have 4 multiple year starters there, and the return of one who started as a Sophomore(concussion) as the 5th. Same type of experience in the Defensive front 7. They just need to throw enough to get some guys out of the box.

With a rough start to the schedule, Bellwood, Central, Huntingdon, then a week later Clearfield, there will be some challenges and losses. Come Round 1 though we should be a tough out.

In other words its going to be a typical year. A lot of ground and pound, with scattered passing.
Agree also, but I don't think they come out of 1st half any worse than 3-2, and while it's unlikely, it's not impossible to run the table early. The 1st 5 are a meat grinder, and they will be very green on the backside as you alluded to. Those "green" youngsters are very very talented and fast. If That front 7 wreaks enough havoc, they'll have a punchers chance. Central and Clearfield will be uphill battles, but they'll be in it . The top 4 in Mountain league are gonna be very good... Going to be a bunch of great games this year.
"Sprinkles are for winners"- Flo