Summer Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Eaglealum2
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Summer Football

Post by Eaglealum2 »

Haha nobody on those teams.... True answer ... Those on 3rd place and lower teams lol
"Sprinkles are for winners"- Flo
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

peytonsaturday wrote:
SPORTSGURU814 wrote:I think everyone agrees with that point, but its good work for the kids and lets them showcase their skills its about fun
No, the same could be done at your own field. Yeah it's good to get your kids to compete, but if your kids aren't competitive, a 7 on 7 won't make them competitive. Showcase their skills? That's what Friday nights and saturday afternoons are for. Not Saturday mornings in July. I've heard of a lot of schools going to these and schools from out of the area coming to some hosted here. But I haven't heard of Clairton coming or being at many (or any)....how's that working out for them?
Lol...Just saw Clairton at the PSU 7v7...and yeah...they do go to many of them....
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

billmurray wrote:
peytonsaturday wrote:
No, the same could be done at your own field. Yeah it's good to get your kids to compete, but if your kids aren't competitive, a 7 on 7 won't make them competitive. Showcase their skills? That's what Friday nights and saturday afternoons are for. Not Saturday mornings in July. I've heard of a lot of schools going to these and schools from out of the area coming to some hosted here. But I haven't heard of Clairton coming or being at many (or any)....how's that working out for them?
Lol...Just saw Clairton at the PSU 7v7...and yeah...they do go to many of them....
Clairton was also at the Pitt 7 on 7 a few weeks back when Portage was there.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

7 on 7s provide great workouts for the kids that u can't simulate on ur own practice field. Central kids played 8 games at PSU vs some really good competition, 6 or so games at NBC the next weekend and 8 games the following Tuesday at SFU. That's a lot of work over the course of 2 weeks. Pretty sure everyone agrees district championships won't be handed out in June/July but the reps and competition are great for the kids.
You play to win the game!!!
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

DragonsDoExist wrote:7 on 7s provide great workouts for the kids that u can't simulate on ur own practice field. Central kids played 8 games at PSU vs some really good competition, 6 or so games at NBC the next weekend and 8 games the following Tuesday at SFU. That's a lot of work over the course of 2 weeks. Pretty sure everyone agrees district championships won't be handed out in June/July but the reps and competition are great for the kids.

I second that motion :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: