Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Farrell Open Game Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Farrell Open Game Thread

Post by PortagePride »

Taurus61 wrote:Old Guy- You're one of the reasons I stopped visiting this board 5-6 years ago when my kids played girls hoops at BG. I signed up for a new s/n to give BG Football a shout out and it looks as though you're still the same broken record on the same subjects.

Let me ask you something- (sorry- I know this is FB but you brought the subject up on this thread)... I think Coach Mo is in his 20th year at BG- If he (or BG) recruits as you always allege- Wouldn't you think by now a disgruntled past player or parent (Lord knows there's plenty out there), would have turned them in to D6 or the PIAA by now? Wouldn't the Mirror be all over that if it was true? How do you explain that?
You as a previous BG Girls Basketball parent, you're showing your blind eye to what kind of "program" is run there.... If you think the PIAA really cares as a whole to what these Catholic/Charter schools do when it comes to welcoming athlete-students from a large area at any point in their high school career you're delusional.
woninthetrenches
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by woninthetrenches »

If you have a problem with private schools then find a way to beat them. Heck use the system against them. Get 2 or 3 schools to agree to drop football and make a cyber school where they can attend and have them make a football team. You would keep your numbers low and get all the talent you could handle, plus the kids wouldnt have to pay to go. That would show them darn private school what its like.
Taurus61
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Taurus61 »

I don't have a blind eye PP and I'm far from delusional. It's a fine program that has a winning tradition and that tends to bother other the folks in D6 come playoffs, especially the publics. I get it.

Anyway- I didn't create a s/n to waste time arguing about GBB on a FB thread... Congrats again to the BG boys football team.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

usatf oldguy wrote:
thetruth44 wrote:Give credit where credit is due! 32-0 with back to back state titles! And next season won't be much different! Dominating everyone! They are only pulling from a small area! This team would have won a AA title too and competed with AAA!
Small area? Altoona High is one of the bigger "AAAA" schools in the state. Holidaysburg is what "AAA". How far to Tyrone and Central from BG?
Why did you leave Williamsburg out of your example? They are as close to BG as Central or Tyrone (maybe closer actually). Maybe because they are a tiny A school and it wouldn't support your babbling. If BG moved their building 15 miles
Down the road to Williamsburg would that make your arse hurt less?
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

Taurus61 wrote:Old Guy- You're one of the reasons I stopped visiting this board 5-6 years ago when my kids played girls hoops at BG. I signed up for a new s/n to give BG Football a shout out and it looks as though you're still the same broken record on the same subjects.

Let me ask you something- (sorry- I know this is FB but you brought the subject up on this thread)... I think Coach Mo is in his 20th year at BG- If he (or BG) recruits as you always allege- Wouldn't you think by now a disgruntled past player or parent (Lord knows there's plenty out there), would have turned them in to D6 or the PIAA by now? Wouldn't the Mirror be all over that if it was true? How do you explain that?
Well sir please have a look in the basketball thread. One of the other BG parents already sold you guys out. They openly admitted it. The PIAA has already admitted that there is a problem, hell the Pittsburgh diocese itself did too! The PIAA would do nothing if players came forward. They are afraid of lawsuits. You know like the one they were threatened with if the PIAA introduced private classes again. Who threatened them? Wait for it! You guessed it the diocese! Why? To keep that huge drawing advantage that privates have. The problem exists!
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

guru1 wrote:
usatf oldguy wrote:
thetruth44 wrote:Give credit where credit is due! 32-0 with back to back state titles! And next season won't be much different! Dominating everyone! They are only pulling from a small area! This team would have won a AA title too and competed with AAA!
Small area? Altoona High is one of the bigger "AAAA" schools in the state. Holidaysburg is what "AAA". How far to Tyrone and Central from BG?
Why did you leave Williamsburg out of your example? They are as close to BG as Central or Tyrone (maybe closer actually). Maybe because they are a tiny A school and it wouldn't support your babbling. If BG moved their building 15 miles
Please add Williamsburg to the list if they draw from that area too, lets not forget Bellwood too. You better lay of the booze you are making my argument for me!
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Farrell Open Game Thread

Post by guru1 »

usatf oldguy wrote:
guru1 wrote:
usatf oldguy wrote: Small area? Altoona High is one of the bigger "AAAA" schools in the state. Holidaysburg is what "AAA". How far to Tyrone and Central from BG?
Please add Williamsburg to the list if they draw from that area too, lets not forget Bellwood too. You better lay of the booze you are making my argument for me!

Absolutely... So by your logic if BG has a kid from
Williamsburg they should be in class A... And they are so it all works out. Glad we got that figured out
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

guru1 wrote:
usatf oldguy wrote:
guru1 wrote:

Williamsburg they should be in class A... And they are so it all works out. Glad we got that figured out
I'll try to type slow so you understand this. If BG draws kids from 1 quad A, 1 triple A, 5double A, and two single A schools they shouldn't be playing Single A ball! Understand? See if a public school makes a team up from multiple districts they have to add all of the school enrollments together to be classified! Not keep thier current classification. That is the rule. Of course if you want to LIE about your intent you can claim that you are attending a school for reasons other than athletics. You know break the rules. Well then that is a different story.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Well yeah they'd win in AA and probably compete in AAA because they draw mainly from a AAAA school...McGeary transfers to BG in February 2015 . How is it a month later he is eligible to play Baseball?
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

usatf oldguy wrote:
guru1 wrote:
usatf oldguy wrote: Please add Williamsburg to the list if they draw from that area too, lets not forget Bellwood too. You better lay of the booze you are making my argument for me!

I'll try to type slow so you understand this. If BG draws kids from 1 quad A, 1 triple A, 5double A, and two single A schools they shouldn't be playing Single A ball! Understand? See if a public school makes a team up from multiple districts they have to add all of the school enrollments together to be classified! Not keep thier current classification. That is the rule. Of course if you want to LIE about your intent you can claim that you are attending a school for reasons other than athletics. You know break the rules. Well then that is a different story.

Interesting. So.. Few years ago I know for fact that there were 3 boys that lived in Altoona who played for Tyrone (one dad got a po box and one "lived" with grandma).... So should Tyrone have moved up to AAAA then? Of course nobody ever mentions when that kind of thing happens because only the private schools have kids from multiple school districts....right?? If you believe that you are delusional