Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Farrell Open Game Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
thetruth44
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Farrell Open Game Thread

Post by thetruth44 »

Oh I see! Why didn't you just say that earlier! So clear now! (Sarcasm)
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

usatf oldguy wrote:
guru1 wrote:
usatf oldguy wrote: Please add Williamsburg to the list if they draw from that area too, lets not forget Bellwood too. You better lay of the booze you are making my argument for me!

Absolutely... So by your logic if BG has a kid from
Williamsburg they should be in class A... And they are so it all works out. Glad we got that figured out
I'll try to type slow so you understand this. If BG draws kids from 1 quad A, 1 triple A, 5double A, and two single A schools they shouldn't be playing Single A ball! Understand? See if a public school makes a team up from multiple districts they have to add all of the school enrollments together to be classified! Not keep their current classification. That is the rule. Of course if you want to LIE about your intent you can claim that you are attending a school for reasons other than athletics. You know break the rules. Well then that is a different story.
usatf oldguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by usatf oldguy »

guru1 wrote:
usatf oldguy wrote:
guru1 wrote:

Absolutely... So by your logic if BG has a kid from
Williamsburg they should be in class A... And they are so it all works out. Glad we got that figured out
I'll try to type slow so you understand this. If BG draws kids from 1 quad A, 1 triple A, 5double A, and two single A schools they shouldn't be playing Single A ball! Understand? See if a public school makes a team up from multiple districts they have to add all of the school enrollments together to be classified! Not keep thier current classification. That is the rule. Of course if you want to LIE about your intent you can claim that you are attending a school for reasons other than athletics. You know break the rules. Well then that is a different story.

Interesting. So.. Few years ago I know for fact that there were 3 boys that lived in Altoona who played for Tyrone (one dad got a po box and one "lived" with grandma).... So should Tyrone have moved up to AAAA then? Of course nobody ever mentions when that kind of thing happens because only the private schools have kids from multiple school districts....right?? If you believe that you are delusional
Actually if they moved for athletic intent they should of had to sit. Like a few years ago when Altoona lost a big name that went to a Pittsburgh school and was ruled ineligible for a year!
Taurus61
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Taurus61 »

usatf oldguy wrote:
Taurus61 wrote:Old Guy- You're one of the reasons I stopped visiting this board 5-6 years ago when my kids played girls hoops at BG. I signed up for a new s/n to give BG Football a shout out and it looks as though you're still the same broken record on the same subjects.

Let me ask you something- (sorry- I know this is FB but you brought the subject up on this thread)... I think Coach Mo is in his 20th year at BG- If he (or BG) recruits as you always allege- Wouldn't you think by now a disgruntled past player or parent (Lord knows there's plenty out there), would have turned them in to D6 or the PIAA by now? Wouldn't the Mirror be all over that if it was true? How do you explain that?
Well sir please have a look in the basketball thread. One of the other BG parents already sold you guys out. They openly admitted it. The PIAA has already admitted that there is a problem, hell the Pittsburgh diocese itself did too! The PIAA would do nothing if players came forward. They are afraid of lawsuits. You know like the one they were threatened with if the PIAA introduced private classes again. Who threatened them? Wait for it! You guessed it the diocese! Why? To keep that huge drawing advantage that privates have. The problem exists!

Look- Unless someone puts their name on something, it's useless and meaningless. Sounds like you have things all figured out....
Go BG :)  
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

Congratulations to BG on becoming the first D6 team to win multiple championships in football. I hope that they can three-peat next year and run the winning streak to 48! Coach Wheeler and his staff have turned an perennial also-ran into a powerhouse.

This is the 4th time in 28 years that a Catholic school has won the single-A football championship. The first was in 1990 (Marian Catholic) and in the past 3 years, it's been North Catholic in 2013 and BG the last two years.
Abaddon
Junior
Junior

Post by Abaddon »

12HankQB wrote:
west33 wrote:The thing that helps Bg is playing a regular season vs the bigger schools, then playing the a-teams in the playoffs. Big advantage for them vs teams like ex. berlin who play all a schools. jmo
And to my point, they weren't even tested in the LHAC either. So I don't think it helped them either way. To be tested they would've needed and even tougher schedule 
Hank, I know you love to make prove west33 wrong but are you seriously trying to say that BG wasn't any better off playing their LHAC schedule over Berlin's schedule? Berlin was never tested in the regular season that's for sure. BG played two playoff AAA teams and those teams played them tougher than the team they saw in the state final... let it go.
Using Tapatalk
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

First off, Congrats to BG on winning the State Title! But on a side note, I was wondering how many kids on average are on A football teams? I know that very small schools (which usually aren't very good) have a very small number, but on average, what do you think it is? I'm not bringing this up in reference to BG, but at the game today, I was very impressed that Farrell made it to the state finals with 23 players with a helmet and shoulder pads. Even for a A school, that number seemed very small for a school who excelled on the field.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Boy 3 years straight of catholics winning A. Much like star wars the force must be awakening again
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

konjo78 wrote:Boy 3 years straight of catholics winning A. Much like star wars the force must be awakening again
Might be nit-picking here, but "awakening again" suggests that Catholic schools were powerful in the past in single-A when that is clearly not the case.  One championship (1990) in 25 years could hardly be classified as a "force".  I do appreciate the timing of your comment even though I can't wait for the Star Wars mania to pass.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Abaddon wrote:
12HankQB wrote:
west33 wrote:The thing that helps Bg is playing a regular season vs the bigger schools, then playing the a-teams in the playoffs. Big advantage for them vs teams like ex. berlin who play all a schools. jmo
And to my point, they weren't even tested in the LHAC either. So I don't think it helped them either way. To be tested they would've needed and even tougher schedule 
Hank, I know you love to make prove west33 wrong but are you seriously trying to say that BG wasn't any better off playing their LHAC schedule over Berlin's schedule? Berlin was never tested in the regular season that's for sure. BG played two playoff AAA teams and those teams played them tougher than the team they saw in the state final... let it go.
I do, but I'm saying if an A team can breeze through and LHAC schedule like that, should they be playing A
If only closed minds came with closed mouths