ICC Week 6

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 6

Post by ICCFan »

The top four teams in the ICC square off against each other in a Friday night that should clarify the championship situation.
Are we headed for a Tussey Mountain vs Bellwood showdown for the title in a couple weeks or is someone going to get derailed in Week 6.  The other games in the conference this week are also all competitive contests.  In all honesty, for the first time since I've been doing these predictions there is a legitimate danger of being wrong on every single game.

West Branch at Everett - Someone has to win this game and I'm sure both squads will lay it all on the line to get that coveted win.  I'm going with gut feeling and some history, West Branch never travels south into Bedford County very well.  When is the last time they've won on the road at Everett or NBC?  Everett finally to score some points this week.  Everett 20 West Branch 14
Williamsburg at Mo Valley - If Williamsburg can put 25+ points on the board they have a chance in this one.  Mo Valley's size will take it's toll on the Blue Pirates but turnovers could also turn this game to one side or the other.  Close call but we'll go with the home team.  Mo Valley 28 Williamsburg 18.
Mt. Union at Claysburg - Saturday night special.  Mt. Union has been competitive and in every game so don't sell them short.  Not sure what to make of this Claysburg team.  Talent is there but something appears to be missing.  Still the Dawgs skate by at 4-1 and techinically are undefeated in conference play (week 1 loss to TM doesn't count in standings).  Never go against Claysburg on their Saturday night homecoming game!  Claysburg 32 Mt. Union 28
GAME(S) of THE WEEK
Bellwood at Northern Bedford - NBC seems to have the formula to keep things close with the Blue Devils as these games have been competitive for as long as the series has resumed.  The Panthers have big play capabilities and my opinion is that is the only way they pull this one out.  Barring turnovers and some 50+ yard TD plays, the Blue Devils are too solid.  Bellwood 28 Northern Bedford 14
Juniata Valley at Tussey Mountain - Tussey went into this game unbeaten last year and the Hornets ended their streak.  Can the Hornets sting twice?  They are very capable and this game is a toss up in my book.  Having to make a pick, I'll go with Tussey's consistent play and strong line play as the difference maker and take the Titans.  Tussey Mountain 22 Juniata Valley 21.