LHAC week 7

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
silentbob
Senior
Senior

LHAC week 7

Post by silentbob »

Richland 42  BG  14
Richland is really good and BG has lost to the only good team they have played.  Richland just has to much all over the field for BG.  

FH  21  CC 20  
I think FH gets first win of the season here.  Both teams struggle on D, but have a little bit of O.  I'll take the young Rangers. 

BM  24  PC 12  I like what I have seen in PC.  I think they are on the right track.  BM just has to much physicality for the young PC team.  

CH  35  Jtown 13  
Heights runs all over the Trojans.  Jtown just diesnt have it this year.  Heights is tough up front and can run the ball.  That is about the worst case for what Jtown can defend.  

Westy 35  Somerset 6
Westy has been disappointing losing to all 3 of the top LHAC teams.  I feel with the team they brought back they needed to pull 1 of them out.  But Somerset is coming off an absolute whopping from Bedford.  Westy gives them another.  

GOTW  Bedford vs CR
Great game, great rivalry, great storylines with both teams being undefeated and looking to make runs at undefeated seasons.  CR lives and dies by the big play and plays a softer bend dont break D.   Bedford likes to make long drives and play a physical style D.  Cr is at home and its Homecoming.  I'd expect a packed house for warmups.  However I think CR fans head home disappointed.   I'm taking the young Bedford team in this game. 
Bedford 28  CR 13
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: LHAC week 7

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Guess I'm late to the party, but the Penn Cambria QB is going to be really, really good in a year or two.  Watched some of his stuff on Hudl this morning. It'll be interesting to see him against the McCort defense, which has been pretty good this year.
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

100% agree. If they can get some kids around him they will be tough.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

CC was able to hold Bedford and Ridge to 14 first half points. I just don’t see Forest Hills being able to defend the run good enough to beat CC in the air. Should be a good game early 
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

CC had to run the gauntlet the past 4 weeks.
Looking at their schedule, I could see them winning the next 4 games, and making the playoffs.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

CCDevil2012 wrote:CC was able to hold Bedford and Ridge to 14 first half points. I just don’t see Forest Hills being able to defend the run good enough to beat CC in the air. Should be a good game early 
Absolutely worst FH team in the last 40 years.  2 score winner. Tell me how CC is going to beat BM and CH now 
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

youngbuck wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:CC was able to hold Bedford and Ridge to 14 first half points. I just don’t see Forest Hills being able to defend the run good enough to beat CC in the air. Should be a good game early 
Absolutely worst FH team in the last 40 years.  2 score winner. Tell me how CC is going to beat BM and CH now 
Also you can probably stop the "held teams in the first half " argument
Only score that matters is the final 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote:
Maybe we can hire our own officials who won’t eject kids for things that didn’t happen. It’s amazing that referees will make calls that are so biased and “miss” calls that go one way when everything nowadays is recorded from 2 angles. I’d say 3 of forest hills scores tonight resulted from blown or questionable calls that happened during big plays or extended drives. 
Slippery95
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Slippery95 »

So the ball carrier from Central Cambria didn’t kick a Forest Hills kid straight in the chest?!?!?!?

The referees missed plenty last night but I can assure you they didn’t make this up..........he kicked him and deserved thrown out. 
sportsfan1072
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by sportsfan1072 »

CCDevil, I too am a Central Cambria fan and was at the game and agree that there were some poor calls. Even the fans from FH that I was sitting near talked to me about the poor calls. With that aside though, as you previously mentioned, CC held Bedford and CR to 14 first half points. However, they have only scored 6 second half points in those 3 games (include FH), while giving up 76. Seems as though the other teams are making halftime adjustments and CC isn't? For instance, the CC running back had well over 100 yards in the first half against FH but only 31 I think in the second. Also seems to me that CC's offense has changed a little from early on in the year and they have become more one-dimensional and relying more on #26 than in the first few games. He is a really good running back, but it seems, at least FH adjusted to key on him in the second half and did a pretty good job. Do you see this, or could that just be maybe due to injuries?