Football Crisis in Rural PA?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Re: Football Crisis in Rural PA?

Post by Crushersports »

Bedrock wrote:Football is not paying for any other sports.  This isn't D1 football.
Ummm...yeah it actually does the most common tribution to most schools athletic budgets as its one of the few sports that actually makes money. Most of the other sports cost the schools more than they bring in. But thanks
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

CharlieConway wrote:This is interesting.  I wonder how a Co-Op works for a school without a boundary.   Cause I got an interesting scheme now!!

(-3) Negative Rating - Konjo
Ask someone at Forest Hills
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

youngbuck wrote:Bishop Carroll and Bishop Mccort are 30 minutes apart.  A coop would allow for the recruitment of 60% of district 6 and the majority of d5.  Who is going to be willing to play this monster ?  
You forgot the kids from over the west side of the mountain.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

El-Moldo wrote:I always thought you could only co-op with a school district that TOUCHES the one you are in. For example: Windber does not have wrestling. Their students just can't go wrestle for Central Cambria.
Conemaugh Valley and Blacklick Valley co-op for track.  The two districts do not touch.
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

Two non-boundary schools may co-op if all boundary schools deny an opportunity to co-op.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Crushersports wrote:
Bedrock wrote:Football is not paying for any other sports.  This isn't D1 football.
Ummm...yeah it actually does the most common tribution to most schools athletic budgets as its one of the few sports that actually makes money. Most of the other sports cost the schools more than they bring in. But thanks
Bedrock is certainly on the money here. At best football at a school that has good fan support is a break even enterprise at best. 
"I'm your huckleberry"
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Crushersports wrote:
CharlieConway wrote:This is interesting.  I wonder how a Co-Op works for a school without a boundary.   Cause I got an interesting scheme now!!

Isn't this the truth.  Football and wrestling have a few kids with PO Boxes as homes. 
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Its almost at the point now where its easier to name schools that have NOT had some type of recruitment issue/scandal/rumor/accusation that it is to name the schools that have had an issue/scandal/rumor/accusation.
Thanks!
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

everett wrote:
Crushersports wrote:

Isn't this the truth.  Football and wrestling have a few kids with PO Boxes as homes. 
Name some names internet rumor starter.  Which FH players live outside the district?  You two want to start rumors, let see some evidence
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Forest Hills is 1-7 in football and only 27 people or so care about wrestling.