District 6 1A Play-Off Scenarios

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

District 6 1A Play-Off Scenarios

Post by PAgridder2011 »

1.  Portage-  1110 points-  Portage can clinch #1 seed with a win, but can fall no further than #2 with a loss.

2.  BG-  1030 points-  A win over McCort will more than likely mean the top seed in the play-offs, unless the westpac wins most of the cross over games.  BG can fall no further than #3 with a loss.

3.  Juniata Valley- 940 Points-  A small reward game against West Branch is good and bad.  Can climb to #2 with a BG loss, but will more than likely finish no worse than 4th,  they really can only be passed if they are upset by West Branch.

4.  Purchase Line 790 Points-  A huge game against Berlin (200 points), would do little to their final seeding if they win.  However, if they lose could fall all the way to #7. 

5.  Claysburg 780 points-  They have a 130 point game left with Everett, they would need a PL loss and a Saltsburg loss to finish in the top 4.  If PL and Saltsburg both win they could very easily drop to #6.

5.  Saltsburg 780 points-  Saltsburg hosts Winber, a 160 point game.  If they win and PL losses they will climb to #4 regardless of what anyone else does. 

7.  Homer-Center- 690 points-  hosts Shade 150 points.  Could possibly jump to #4 but would need a lot of help.  I see them beating Shade but I think the best case scenario would be a #6 seed.

8.  McCort- 680 points-  Friday is a huge game for McCort.  If they could win they would finish with over 850 points which would earn them a 6 or 7 and put them in an opposite bracket than Guilfoyle.  If they lose they are kind of locked in to the 8/9 game. 

9.  Glendale- 630 points-  Glendale has a big 160 point game against NBC.  However, a win would have a minimal impact.  I just can't see them moving from this 8/9 game.  Which would be a tough draw for anyone in the bracket. 

10.  Blairsville- 380 points-  Blairsville plays Blacklick (130 point game).   I believe Blairsville is lock to remain in the bracket even with a loss.  It would come down to secondary points and I think they'd be safe. 

11.  Norther Cambria- 370 points-  Plays Ferndale (120 point game).  Could jump to #10 with a Blairsville loss.  If NC Loses I don't think Penns Manor could pass them point wise to knock them out. 

12.  Blacklick- 350 points-  Plays Blairsville (130 point game).  Unlike Blairsville, if Blacklick loses this game their play-off berth is in danger.  Penns Manor plays North Star (130 point game) Penns Manor currently sits at 230.  I believe the Comets would pass Blacklick if they lose, continuing their play-off streak. 

Moshannon Valley plays Tussey and although highly unlikely would qualify with win. 
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Re: District 6 1A Play-Off Scenarios

Post by Crushersports »

PAgridder2011 wrote:1.  Portage-  1110 points-  Portage can clinch #1 seed with a win, but can fall no further than #2 with a loss.

2.  BG-  1030 points-  A win over McCort will more than likely mean the top seed in the play-offs, unless the westpac wins most of the cross over games.  BG can fall no further than #3 with a loss.

3.  Juniata Valley- 940 Points-  A small reward game against West Branch is good and bad.  Can climb to #2 with a BG loss, but will more than likely finish no worse than 4th,  they really can only be passed if they are upset by West Branch.

4.  Purchase Line 790 Points-  A huge game against Berlin (200 points), would do little to their final seeding if they win.  However, if they lose could fall all the way to #7. 

5.  Claysburg 780 points-  They have a 130 point game left with Everett, they would need a PL loss and a Saltsburg loss to finish in the top 4.  If PL and Saltsburg both win they could very easily drop to #6.

5.  Saltsburg 780 points-  Saltsburg hosts Winber, a 160 point game.  If they win and PL losses they will climb to #4 regardless of what anyone else does. 

7.  Homer-Center- 690 points-  hosts Shade 150 points.  Could possibly jump to #4 but would need a lot of help.  I see them beating Shade but I think the best case scenario would be a #6 seed.

8.  McCort- 680 points-  Friday is a huge game for McCort.  If they could win they would finish with over 850 points which would earn them a 6 or 7 and put them in an opposite bracket than Guilfoyle.  If they lose they are kind of locked in to the 8/9 game. 

9.  Glendale- 630 points-  Glendale has a big 160 point game against NBC.  However, a win would have a minimal impact.  I just can't see them moving from this 8/9 game.  Which would be a tough draw for anyone in the bracket. 

10.  Blairsville- 380 points-  Blairsville plays Blacklick (130 point game).   I believe Blairsville is lock to remain in the bracket even with a loss.  It would come down to secondary points and I think they'd be safe. 

11.  Norther Cambria- 370 points-  Plays Ferndale (120 point game).  Could jump to #10 with a Blairsville loss.  If NC Loses I don't think Penns Manor could pass them point wise to knock them out. 

12.  Blacklick- 350 points-  Plays Blairsville (130 point game).  Unlike Blairsville, if Blacklick loses this game their play-off berth is in danger.  Penns Manor plays North Star (130 point game) Penns Manor currently sits at 230.  I believe the Comets would pass Blacklick if they lose, continuing their play-off streak. 

Moshannon Valley plays Tussey and although highly unlikely would qualify with win. 
1) I think most figure Portage loses to LV and I'm guessing the Mustangs play their starters for maybe a quarter, but I think they maintain the top spot

2) Juniata Valley wins easily and McCort stuns BG giving the Green Hornets the two seed.

3) Bishop Guilfoyle loses to the quick and attacking defense of McCort. If they contain Myrick at all.

4) Saltsburg beats Windber and Purchase Line falls to Berlin, Trojans eek out the spot over Claysburg-Kimmel.

5) Claysburg-Kimmel beats Everett

6) Homer Center beats Shade and gets the nod over McCort by virtue of Penns Manor, Marion Center, Northern Cambria and United wins this weekend. If my math is correct that would give HC 880 points..Now if one of those teams lose it would create a tie for the #6 spot which could very well happen. MC has a tough game and you never know if United can field a team.

7) Bishop McCort upsets Guilfoyle and earns 10 points each from the Somerset/Central Cambria and Penn Cambria_Forest Hills winners giving them 870 points..Now this is fluid and they could very well end up at #6

8) Purchase Line loses to Berlin

9) Glendale loses to Northern Bedford 

10) Blairsville wins

11) Northern Cambria wins

12) Penns Manor slides it's way into the playoffs

(1) Portage
(8) Purchase Line  vs (9) Glendale 
QTR (1) Portage vs (8) Purchase Line

(4) Saltsburg 
(12) Penns Manor vs (5) Claysburg
QTR: (4) Saltsburg  vs (5) Claysburg-Kimmel 

(3) Bishop Guilfoyle 
(11) Northern Cambria  vs (6) Homer Center
QTR: (3) Bishop Guilfoyle vs (6) Homer Center

(2) Juniata Valley
(10) Blairsville  vs (7) Bishop McCort 
QTR: (2) Juniata Valley vs (7) Bishop McCort
Last edited by Crushersports on October 20th, 2019, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Quick and attacking, ok BM played a good half against a CR team that did not come to play.  But still lost the game.  the quickest thing is the stat keeper giving Bair tackle numbers.   BG rolls BM week and it wont be that close 
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

youngbuck wrote:Quick and attacking, ok BM played a good half against a CR team that did not come to play.  But still lost the game.  the quickest thing is the stat keeper giving Bair tackle numbers.   BG rolls BM week and it wont be that close 
Defense hasn't been their issue outside of the Cambria Heights game it's actually what has kept them in most games, but I guess we will see on Friday.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

I guess we saw.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote:I guess we saw.
We can definitely pick on crushersports for being a bit overconfident in saying the BG game “isn’t even gonna be close”, but the fact of the matter is they’re not a Single A team I’d wanna play as another Single A team who played outside the LHAC
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Only had one player to defend last night
Scarlets1992
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Scarlets1992 »

youngbuck wrote:Only had one player to defend last night
Welcome to small school High School football. You can say that about nearly every team in our area. A school like westy might be an exception because of the system, but when I saw them Mccort, Ridge, Guilfoyle, Heights, FH, CC, PC, Somerset all depended on one guy. JHS? Not sure they relied on anyone, and Richland/Bedford had a couple guys. That's why these guys are excellent high school athletes. 
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

McCort might have the most athletes with the most inconsistent coaching in the area. Playing a 3-3-5 against a team that is much bigger than you makes zero sense. I still think McCort is better, but Wheeler and his staff are better. Myrick is a baller and they have a couple others but McCort is having the season of what could've been. Or a power running game when your 5 can't block their 4, they seem to try to force their system and are too stubborn to change.

I still don't see anyone else beating either of those teams in Class A this year in D6 maybe it's my LHAC colored glasses but I just don't. BG kicked their tails and I'm eating crow now...lol...it happens
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

Scarlets1992 wrote:
youngbuck wrote:Only had one player to defend last night
Welcome to small school High School football. You can say that about nearly every team in our area. A school like westy might be an exception because of the system, but when I saw them Mccort, Ridge, Guilfoyle, Heights, FH, CC, PC, Somerset all depended on one guy. JHS? Not sure they relied on anyone, and Richland/Bedford had a couple guys. That's why these guys are excellent high school athletes. 
That's maybe one of the most moronic statements I've seen here and that's saying something.
I won't even use McCort as example but let's just say Ridge. I'm guessing you mean Pfister? Have you ever watched Knisely play defense? You don't think Pfister needs a line to block for him or maxwell to get short yards and block, etc...
Small school football, yes one player can make a huge difference but to say teams rely on just one is just stupid.