Bishop McCort at Bishop Guilfoyle

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Bishop McCort at Bishop Guilfoyle

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The winner of Bishop McCort and Bishop Guilfoyle can declare themselves the Catholic School state champs in all of Class-A.  

Of the 27 teams left standing in Class A, 25 are public schools and the two local private schools make up the field. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Bishop McCort at Bishop Guilfoyle

I say that jokingly of course.

As for the game itself, I think Bishop Guilfoyle should win. Having said that, if McCort plays a really, really good game I think they could pull off the upset. Getting Miller in space, playing sound defense, and most importantly no penalties.
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

Looks as if Williams Valley will be the only thing in the way of D6 being in the title. BG is 8th in A and Williams Valley is 9th in A. All 7 ahead of BG are from the other half of the bracket. Think there's anyone that can truly compete with Clairton or Farrell for the title?
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

How often does a team face an opponent for the last game of the season and again for the first game of the playoffs?
BG's had an additional week to prepare, but.....
McCort handled BG in the first half of their last meeting. McCort also self destructed with penalties, especially personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct. McCort needs to get a handle on that, because they match up otherwise.
Against McCort, BG showed that the loss of their starting QB (for the season) has made them very one-dimensional with a very heavy reliance on Myrick.
McCort will keep it close if they can hold themselves to under 70-80 yards of penalties.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

ExRaided wrote:Looks as if Williams Valley will be the only thing in the way of D6 being in the title. BG is 8th in A and Williams Valley is 9th in A. All 7 ahead of BG are from the other half of the bracket. Think there's anyone that can truly compete with Clairton or Farrell for the title?
Good observation.  
No, look for a very lopsided championship game. 
Guru80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Guru80 »

McCort is the tougher...more grit...team. Look for them to power thru BG.
But yes need to minimize penalties
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

Class A is down this year, Clairton is nowhere near the Clairton of old.

McCort can pull off the upset, but you have to stop Myrick and they cannot implode with penalties. They did a better job of that against Glendale, so we'll see.

I think BG beating them two weeks ago could work against them, tough not to underestimate an opponent that you've already beaten and get caught looking ahead.
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

No doubt Class A is down and Clairton is definitely nowhere near the monsters they were but BG isn't anything like it was as well. Imo it's between Clairton and Farrell for the championship. Farrell I'm unsure though.. even Clairton. They both started 0-2 and haven't lost since. I believe Farrell took a 40-0 beatdown from Wilmington who is #2 in AA. And Wilmington is going to take a 40+ point beatdown by SCA in the finals. Just shows you how good SCA is.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Crushersports wrote:Class A is down this year, Clairton is nowhere near the Clairton of old.

McCort can pull off the upset, but you have to stop Myrick and they cannot implode with penalties. They did a better job of that against Glendale, so we'll see.

I think BG beating them two weeks ago could work against them, tough not to underestimate an opponent that you've already beaten and get caught looking ahead.
Glendale was probably the worst team they saw all year, but if it makes you feel better, good game
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Idk, McCort played Johnstown and Forest Hills too.