CR v Berlin

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

CR v Berlin

Post by southpaw »

Saw Berlin dismantle Meyersdale last Friday.  I think the match up with ridge will be a very competitive game.  Thoughts?
"I'm your huckleberry"
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Re: CR v Berlin

Post by ExRaided »

With Ridge struggling down the stretch I knew the winner of Berlin/Meyersdale would have a chance to beat Ridge. I just didn't expect Berlin to lay into Meyersdale the way they did. Ridge plays the same way they have been and Berlin plays a complete game berlin wins by 21. Other side of the coin Berlin can be pretty inconsistent and struggles to play a solid full game. I can see it being a 35 point loss either way to be honest. If both teams show up and play their game and play it well I'll give it to Ridge by 14. Personally I can't predict who wins and I tossed a coin. Ridge wins.

Either way the next game the winner gets stomped by Wilmington and Wilmington gets stomped by SCA in the finals the same they have the last... three years?
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Ridge by 28. I think I read somewhere that Doug Paul said Berlin is a mid sized 1A school that barely bumps to 2A with 50% of Rockwoods male enrollment. I watched them play portage early in the year and I could never find more than one rockwood kid on the field.  Although Berlin has a great program, they arent Aliquippa. The borderline 3A solid programs like Ridge and Liggy just arent great matchups for the mountaineers. Once again, Ridge easily. 
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

Have you seen the way Ridge has played at the end of this year? I mean I agree with you pretty well but I don't entirely agree with the Ridge easily part. It'll all depend if Ridge shows up to play. If Berlin plays great and Ridge continues to underperform Berlin will win. If Berlin is sloppy I give the win to Ridge no matter how they play. Be nice to see Berlin get the W. I don't think they've beaten Ridge since 2010. Still the best high school game I've ever seen.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I have seen they've been very fortunate lately. Other than portage, meyersdale, and Berlin the west pac is really really down. I guess I'm just going off of the last few years and conference strength. I could be completely wrong.
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

In all honesty most of the conferences around here seem down in general. Westpac was super top heavy this year. Usually it's one maybe two teams at the top but to have three teams tied was a cool surprise. Westpac always is the weakest around though. We'll see. Just hopefully it's a good game.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Berlin will be ready. They will play with emotion and intensity. Ridge should take over once they find their rhythm in the 2nd half, if they don't the Mountaineers are District 5 champs.
Thanks!
Guru80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Guru80 »

How are Berlins skilled positions. I’m assuming they have good size on the line
Guru80
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Guru80 »

And is Ridge struggling or just playing better competition 2nd half of year?