ANY scores or updates 11-8

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ANY scores or updates 11-8

Post by El-Moldo »

Don't predict McCort's demise based on their junior high program. Good players have been known to "show up" there at the last minute, especially upper class veteran players.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't know for the past 10-12 years, posters on this website have said Bishop Carroll could close tomorrow, and they still have one of the best boys and girls basketball programs around. That tells me if BC can hang on year after year, McCort will probably do the same thing for a while. McCort will probably continue to be a strong baseball and basketball school for a while, football will be hit or miss.  Basically since the good run ended in 2009, that's how the football program has been for the past decade anyway. Some years good, some years bad - just like everyone else. 
Scarlets1992
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Scarlets1992 »

Serious question ... maybe it can be answered without dissolving into nonsense of private school bashing and lunacy like predicting a school will never win again, but I doubt it:.

Who exactly are these veteran upper class transfers? I've been back in town for 10 years and I don't recall many or any.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Elijah Benton was the only one I can think of that really comes to mind of late and that was a weird one.

I know some people count when a 7th or 8th grader starts at McCort as a freshman, but I think that's just a case of finishing up your middle school somewhere and choosing to attend the high school you want.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

McCort will be fine. They are likely to benefit from these schools that can barely field teams (United, CV), schools that are struggling mightily (Jtown), and schools that run archaic offenses. I know of one local school that has been successful in football lately that has lost 4 kids from the 9th grade class to McCort in the past 2 years, including the QB transferred mid-season.

McCort will always be another option for kids looking for a change for one reason or another.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Benton from Central and Bealonis from Laurel Valley in 2008 are the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head.  Both were SR transfers.  Benton started 2 games at Central, then left for BM and started week 3 at BM.  Then LV beat them in D6 title game and he went back to Central.  Hmmm......
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Elijah Benton was the only one I can think of that really comes to mind of late and that was a weird one.

I know some people count when a 7th or 8th grader starts at McCort as a freshman, but I think that's just a case of finishing up your middle school somewhere and choosing to attend the high school you want.
Has Bair always gone to McCort?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Brendon Bair has been in the McCort system since 7th grade. Honestly maybe even sooner, I really don’t know. 

But he’s never attended another high school other than Bishop McCort. 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Bald Eagle Area 21
Westmont 0
End of 1

Bellwood 6
LV 0
End 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

Southern Columbia up 42-0 with just under 6 to go in half.