Post by sasquatch260 »

Anybody know the location/time?
natigers2005
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Richland vs. Southern Columbia

Post by natigers2005 »

From @BlackDiamondSN on Twitter:

Breaking News: Southern Columbia will take on Richland next Friday night in Selinsgrove at 7:00 in the Class 2A Eastern Final. The winner will take on the winner of Avonworth vs Wilmington in the PIAA State Championship!
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

Thanks natigers. If anyone know if it will be live streamed, please post info.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Jeez was hoping it would be in Bald Eagle like LV a couple years ago.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

It doesn't matter where it's at. They could play it in a Wal Mart parking lot in State College and it wouldn't be worth the trip. SC will be up like 42-0 at the half and it'll end up around 56-21 final. I hope not, I'll be rooting for Richland and the D6 but let's be honest. SC recruits better than Alabama and their average roster age is older than IUP's. It's all good though. Roth will win his 10th state championship and down play it like it was such hard work. But actually they have a JuCo roster playing high school kids. Good for them! Go Rams!
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

DCor50 wrote: November 24th, 2019, 2:53 pm It doesn't matter where it's at. They could play it in a Wal Mart parking lot in State College and it wouldn't be worth the trip. SC will be up like 42-0 at the half and it'll end up around 56-21 final. I hope not, I'll be rooting for Richland and the D6 but let's be honest. SC recruits better than Alabama and their average roster age is older than IUP's. It's all good though. Roth will win his 10th state championship and down play it like it was such hard work. But actually they have a JuCo roster playing high school kids. Good for them! Go Rams!
If it was in Bald Eagle or closer it would be worth it. Just to see them play. I love football doesn't always have to be a close game to see that good of a team. And as long as you can get away with it who says it's bad. Every team at any level of sports looks for an advantage. Everyone bends the rules a bit just how much depends on if you get caught or not.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:
DCor50 wrote: November 24th, 2019, 2:53 pm It doesn't matter where it's at. They could play it in a Wal Mart parking lot in State College and it wouldn't be worth the trip. SC will be up like 42-0 at the half and it'll end up around 56-21 final. I hope not, I'll be rooting for Richland and the D6 but let's be honest. SC recruits better than Alabama and their average roster age is older than IUP's. It's all good though. Roth will win his 10th state championship and down play it like it was such hard work. But actually they have a JuCo roster playing high school kids. Good for them! Go Rams!
If it was in Bald Eagle or closer it would be worth it. Just to see them play. I love football doesn't always have to be a close game to see that good of a team. And as long as you can get away with it who says it's bad. Every team at any level of sports looks for an advantage. Everyone bends the rules a bit just how much depends on if you get caught or not.
Speak for your own teams. I know many teams that win year in and year out and don’t bend said rules.

SCA is not a legitimate AA school. They can claim they won another state title, but it had nothing to do with coaching. Recruiting and selling your program for “convenient” transfers maybe, but almost any high school coach could call plays and win a state title with that team in AA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bgiant28
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bgiant28 »

Due tell of these recruits please. I’d like to hear about them and PIAA allows students to be held back prior to 8th grade so even if they were held back there’s no breaking of rules there. As for not a true AA school check out their enrollment numbers. Yep they’re a true AA school. Enjoy complaint for a week and being another victim. It’s not like they haven’t heard all these false allegations before.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

bgiant28 wrote:Due tell of these recruits please. I’d like to hear about them and PIAA allows students to be held back prior to 8th grade so even if they were held back there’s no breaking of rules there. As for not a true AA school check out their enrollment numbers. Yep they’re a true AA school. Enjoy complaint for a week and being another victim. It’s not like they haven’t heard all these false allegations before.

https://www.pennlive.com/highschoolspor ... t-alabama/

Focus on the quote, “Nobody would believe I would start when I got here.”

Where did he get here from? He isn’t listed as a player on the team in 2015? I would think if he’s being recruited by Alabama, he’d be good enough to make the varsity team as a freshman.

So an elite sophomore being recruited by Alabama just happens to come into your program during his sophomore season.

Sounds funny to me. I’m sure others just happened to show up as well.

Maybe I’m wrong and they all grew up in the system and moved their way up through junior high football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Tillett and Garcias-Attended Shamokin up to 7th grade. Garcia and Tillett repeated 7th grade at Shamokin. Funny thing one of those families always disliked SCA, than an older brother transferred there halfway through baseball season his junior year back in 2013 and thus went from disliking SCA to an opposite effect. Oldest Tillett boy played football at Shamokin whole career and his two younger brothers played there up to junior and sophomore year. Ended careers at SCA. Again just blows me away as I know for a fact at one time how much even mentioning Southern Columbia left a bad taste with some families whose kids now star there. LOL
How good would SCA be without Tillett and Garcias? Pretty good but this good? Youngest Garcia repeated 5th grade when at Shamokin. Tilletts and Garcias were very close friends when at Shamokin so when one left they all went.

Could tell Garcia's would be special in Elementary. Tillett just all around great athlete. Most schools he would also be a stud on offense.