Coach of The Year?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Coach of The Year?

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I was talking to a friend today and he told me Roger Beitel has never been coach of the year in the heritage conference. If that's true, which I'm assuming it is, what a joke. Whether or not you like the guy shouldnt matter should it? I'm only familiar with about half of the coaches but in my opinion he is the best. And if he isnt the best, hes surely in the top few. Couple that with the success and he shouldve received that award. I guess it's the only way Roger could be beat. Oh well, I'm sure he doesnt care and I'm sure he will do very well in the WPIAL.
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Coach of The Year?

Post by PAgridder2011 »

The Heritage Conference does not award a coach of the year, at least to my knowledge. The awards Coach Beitel could have received are from the Indiana Gazette, and Tribune Democrat, Ligonier's two main coverage papers. He won the Gazette Coach of the Year in 2016 for their run to the state semi-finals. I believe Page won the award in 2017 (advanced to state title), Maribito in 2018 (District Final), and Leasure in 2019. (District Semi's with the schools best season since 1991. You could make an argument that Beitel should win the award every year, but I would argue there are legitimate reasons why others have won it the past three years.

Beitel was co-coach of the year with Pena from Johnstown one year in the TD. Bottom line is that your friend is misinformed.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Re: Coach of The Year?

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Thanks for the answer PAgridder. My friend isnt a bleachercoach reader but I'll pass that on. I agree with you in that he and several others are in that discussion every year.