Re: 2020 LV schedule....

Post by abpk2903 »

With that said...Flyers still suck
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

I didn't say that. Statistically, both have a high rate of violent crime. The rankings that I posted come from the FBI. I love Johnstown! I was born in Lee Hospital. Growing up in Seward, we did all of our shopping in downtown. When we ate out, it was in Johnstown. The Friendly City was a booming, thriving city. It was one of the safest cities in the country. Most of you young people can't even imagine how great it was. Now it makes the list for one of the least safe cities in PA. It is listed as the poorest city in PA. Greater Johnstown School District consistently ranks in the bottom ten districts in PA. This is not the Johnstown that I knew and loved. I am a senior citizen, which makes me an easy target. That's why I won't walk by myself in Johnstown, after dark.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I was in Philadelphia fairly recently. Maybe it’s just a big city mindset, but I wouldn’t say I felt unsafe there at all as opposed to like Baltimore, but I would figure to be more mindful of my surroundings walking around at night in Philly than I would in Johnstown.

But I don’t feeL at danger in Johnstown, maybe because I live here and know it’s really not dangerous outside a couple of areas where those crimes occur. I’m sure people from small, rural communities In Cambria and Somerset counties probably perceive Johnstown and Altoona to be worse than they are, but I’m sure residents don’t feel the same way, or else they wouldn’t live there.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I don't think there is anyone in downtown Johnstown after 5:00.

Is it safe to go in Fat Daddy's?
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

I like Philly. believe it or not, all times I have been there people have been very friendly.

However with that said, North Philly is not a safe place.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yea Philly is a cool town. Nicer than its reputation. Had fun there for sure.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Being around a lot of places in the PNW ive found smaller town/cities to be more dangerous than bigger cities for the average person.

Yes bigger cities may have more actual crimes but per person they can be less. Also like some have pointed out big cities they generally have safe areas for tourists. Where as some smaller cities do not have those safe touristy areas so they feel a lot less safe.

In washington state/idaho/oregon I feel a lot more safe in seattle/boise/portland rather than smaller cities like Spokane, Yakima, Hermiston, lewiston and Pocatello. I know most of those cities arent known for you but they are similar to johnstown
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

How can you feel safe out there? You’re in serial killer central. You had Bundy and Gary Ridgeway
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

You're hilarious knownothing! Lol Yes there was a murder at Fat Daddy's, but I'll take my chances there any day of the week! I have enjoyed dinner there scores of times with nary an incident. Here is the most recent crime statistics that I could find for Ligonier and other communities in the LVSD:

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Li ... vania.html
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Crimson, in what part of Johnstown do you live? Neighborhoods that were once safe can't say that anymore. That includes Morrelville, Kernville, Moxham, Hornerstown and Coopersdale in addition to the already dangerous Prospect, Oakhurst homes and Solomon homes. That leaves the 8th ward and Oakhurst as being relatively safe.