Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

12HankQB wrote: June 24th, 2020, 11:29 am Did anyone notice the cop that shot Breonna Taylor has nearly the same name as me? I've been getting nice hate mail and request on instagram. Luckily Facebook has been okay. What are the chances?
Reminds me of the Joel Rifkin Seinfeld episode.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: June 24th, 2020, 12:40 pm
12HankQB wrote: June 24th, 2020, 11:29 am Did anyone notice the cop that shot Breonna Taylor has nearly the same name as me? I've been getting nice hate mail and request on instagram. Luckily Facebook has been okay. What are the chances?
Reminds me of the Joel Rifkin Seinfeld episode.
Yes! I must not have had enough excitement in my life.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

Where do people get mathematical figures from? $6B divided by the population of the US, approximately 328M is $18.29 not $20K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

konjo78 wrote:By forcing out the, "if you are worried about getting sick, stay home." You are causing most businesses to be opened back up with a large portion of the revenue missing.

Small businesses usually go month to month like a lot of people in this country. With rushing this opening when things clearly arent ready for it you are putting them out there to die in the next 6-12 months.
Owning a Business is a choice, much like opening or closing it should be. You are correct many small businesses operate month to month, how does staying closed help them? They do not have payroll burden but their overhead does not magically disappear because they are closed.

It was not right that small businesses, with no ability to have a lobby, were forced to close, while their competitors who have ability to have lobbies, who also already have a significant competitive advantage, due to increased buying power, which reduces list prices, and enables a higher profit margin, were allowed to remain open.

Also, the percentage of death doesn’t change with respect to the number of people with the virus. The total deaths would increase, but the percentage would not, unless another factor is introduced such as lack of available health care.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Skippy wrote: June 24th, 2020, 5:48 pm Where do people get mathematical figures from? $6B divided by the population of the US, approximately 328M is $18.29 not $20K.

The billion in 6b was a typo... it was 6 Trillion****
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Skippy wrote: June 24th, 2020, 5:58 pm
konjo78 wrote:By forcing out the, "if you are worried about getting sick, stay home." You are causing most businesses to be opened back up with a large portion of the revenue missing.

Small businesses usually go month to month like a lot of people in this country. With rushing this opening when things clearly arent ready for it you are putting them out there to die in the next 6-12 months.
Owning a Business is a choice, much like opening or closing it should be. You are correct many small businesses operate month to month, how does staying closed help them? They do not have payroll burden but their overhead does not magically disappear because they are closed.

It was not right that small businesses, with no ability to have a lobby, were forced to close, while their competitors who have ability to have lobbies, who also already have a significant competitive advantage, due to increased buying power, which reduces list prices, and enables a higher profit margin, were allowed to remain open.

Also, the percentage of death doesn’t change with respect to the number of people with the virus. The total deaths would increase, but the percentage would not, unless another factor is introduced such as lack of available health care.

If you just froze all mortages, loans, rent payments that create the giant overhead when this all started you wouldn't have to worry about that effecting them overtime. As you will see putting small businesses out there now is just basically casting many of them to go and die. There was never a common sense plan on how to help the economy and stop the virus.... NO there was an idea of a quick ban-aid and scream "LETS OPEN UP LIKE NOTHING IS WRONG!!!!" Well guess whats happening now.... States that opened up in april/may/early june are seeing major rises in cases. Some of them are seeing hospitals getting close to full capacity in other areas. Also a large portion of people are not going back out to put money in the economy because they want to stay home when they can.

Those people who are pushing the idea of "just open up and give us our choice" neglect that they are also telling all the over head collectors that they can start coming to collect at 100%. Its like telling a kid who just had ACL surgery to go back and play after 1 month, its reckless and only going to cause more harm
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

How do you just freeze rent? Does the mortgage, taxes, maintenance, utilities, etc all just disappear into magic land? Please explain that to me.

Not all banks are big banks. A lot of small businesses finance through credit bureaus, community banks, and credit unions. Explain to me how a small few local bank can survive months of not getting paid back on the money they lended.

Your idea of fixing this issue is moving our society into a state or extremely business ran society (even more so than now).
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

abpk2903 wrote: June 24th, 2020, 9:41 pm How do you just freeze rent? Does the mortgage, taxes, maintenance, utilities, etc all just disappear into magic land? Please explain that to me.

Not all banks are big banks. A lot of small businesses finance through credit bureaus, community banks, and credit unions. Explain to me how a small few local bank can survive months of not getting paid back on the money they lended.

Your idea of fixing this issue is moving our society into a state or extremely business ran society (even more so than now).
Decades upon decades of retained earnings. Many small financial institutions are sitting on a ton of money that belongs to no one but the institution itself. Fifty plus years of taking in far more than they spend has given many financial institutions a significant cushion to go several months or even years without making another dime.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

So.....has anyone heard of any 7-on-7 camps yet?
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

https://www.tribdem.com/coronavirus/upd ... 8905d.html

Basketball player for Johnstown HS has tested positive for Covid. The team started open gyms recently.