Re: Fall Sports

Post by 12HankQB »

If only closed minds came with closed mouths
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Teams are allowed to continue non mandated practices and workouts thus giving fall student athletes two more weeks to wonder what will happen up to Aug 24. The governor needs to show some leadership and as the leader of PA make his decision. I would love to be in the room as he and Levine react to the PIAA statement today and what they will do next.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

footballfan1 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 3:54 pm Teams are allowed to continue non mandated practices and workouts thus giving fall student athletes two more weeks to wonder what will happen up to Aug 24. The governor needs to show some leadership and as the leader of PA make his decision. I would love to be in the room as he and Levine react to the PIAA statement today and what they will do next.
Bottom line the Governor oversees the schools especially when it comes to safety.

Here is a link to a story about a HS Coach now in a coma after getting C-19
https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/apopk ... g-covid-19

I know blah, one case, but it's out there. Like I said I lost a friend in April from C-19, I have another who survived that is rehab now and his wife told me they won't wish C-19 on anyone.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

MAC has cancelled Football and will try to play in the Spring..

Big Ten is going helmet only practices until further notice..

and then we get this news from Pat Forde...

https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/1 ... 59265?s=20
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

MAC just cancelled fall sports! Big 10 limiting contact drills! Governor Wolf recommending no sports until January! Are we going to see fall football at any level?
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

PA sportsguy. I was not making light of this virus. I knew someone that was on a ventilator and pulled through but needs a kidney transplant now from the meds they were on during their induced coma. The Gov does oversee these things and he just needs to make his mind up so the PIAA can make a plan for 2021 etc.. He does not need to be saying he "recommends" it. He is our freaking leader and he needs to either sit down and work with the PIAA or just offically declare jan 2021.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

reugenev wrote: August 8th, 2020, 9:36 pm MAC just cancelled fall sports! Big 10 limiting contact drills! Governor Wolf recommending no sports until January! Are we going to see fall football at any level?
Someone soon will run repeats of the Super Bowl's Greatest Hits.
It ain't over until it's over.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Looks like Wolf is going to cancel Fall sports for the Big Ten.

Meeting tonight.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Big Ten voted 12-2 to cancel the season.. Big Ten and Pac 12 will announce tomorrow or later today they are cancelling Fall Sports. Big 12 will announce later this week.

According to one writer this has little to do with the Coronavirus and more to do with players making demands and the schools scared of unionization.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The inmates are running the asylum!
It ain't over until it's over.