Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by konjo78 »

TLDR

Wolf didnt want to commit 1 way or another so he let the PIAA choose. The PIAA didnt want to commit one way or another so they are letting the schools choose for themselves.

Bad leadership all around
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

I kinda like Liberty and local control.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Love it. PIAA does have a backbone to stand up to tyranny. Surprised heck out of me though. Now to get fans back into the seats.
It ain't over until it's over.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Manfred wrote: August 21st, 2020, 5:37 pm Love it. PIAA does have a backbone to stand up to tyranny. Surprised heck out of me though. Now to get fans back into the seats.
They arent standing up to any tyranny.

Just fueling the stupidity as seen in your last sentence.
Last edited by konjo78 on August 21st, 2020, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

Did you mean "seen"?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

costanza wrote: August 21st, 2020, 5:48 pm Did you mean "seen"?
Yes I did. Bad grammar from me! Thank you for pointing it out
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

You just left off the period, or perhaps an exclamation mark, at the end of your last sentence.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Agree or not, let’s all hope for the best
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Manfred wrote: August 21st, 2020, 5:37 pm Love it. PIAA does have a backbone to stand up to tyranny. Surprised heck out of me though. Now to get fans back into the seats.
The decision has been made. I feel that it's the wrong one, but my argument lost and yours won. I sincerely hope you are prescient and I am overreacting and the season goes smoothly with no outbreaks or issues. Good luck to all involved, especially those involved with higher risk sports. We now are relying on a diverse network of mitigation plans ( which i believe are of incredibly varying quality-only as strong as its weakest link) to seamlessly work together and protect each other as they play the games.

But to say the PIAA developed a backbone is patently false. They and the governor punted back and forth until time ran out. Now it is in the local district's hands. There could be a lot of chaos as they move in different directions going forward. I expect there will be a lot of wasted game prep and last minute cancelations in football. Also, most schools do not have the adequate liability insurance to cover a covid outbreak. Will they move forward anyway? Will they try to protect themselves with waivers? I don't think things are settled just yet.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

knowitall wrote: August 21st, 2020, 6:21 pm Agree or not, let’s all hope for the best
Agree with this a ton. Hope no teen is force into a difficult situation of peer pressure from coaches/friends/family or just having to find rides to practice to rides/games. I am not 100% sure what the start of school looks like across PA but here in all the northwest states, including extreme conservative idaho, schools are starting online for the first month. With no potentially busing system to and from practice kids are going to depend even more on parents, their own cars, own teammates or walking to get to practice.

Hope we don't see any more athletes starting to show the COVID-19 heart condition as has started coming up in Georgia.