Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

I think if they can play sports, they can go to school. 5 days a week.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

College men from PSU
Went in dumb, come out dumb too
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Talked to a couple teachers, they don't expect to make it to October with in-school learning.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

How do we feel about the 77 tests over the weekend from the NFL that originally came back as positive and shut down workouts? Then miraculously on Monday morning they come back from a different lab as all NEGATIVE! Super hot take here but one of those labs is Wolf dung (pun intended). When will the irrelevant number of positive tests quit being our measuring stick?

p.s. if I was as negative (I’m sure you call it realistic) as some of you in real life I would take up a new hobby of playing in traffic on I-99.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: August 21st, 2020, 6:33 pm
Manfred wrote: August 21st, 2020, 5:37 pm Love it. PIAA does have a backbone to stand up to tyranny. Surprised heck out of me though. Now to get fans back into the seats.
The decision has been made. I feel that it's the wrong one, but my argument lost and yours won. I sincerely hope you are prescient and I am overreacting and the season goes smoothly with no outbreaks or issues. Good luck to all involved, especially those involved with higher risk sports. We now are relying on a diverse network of mitigation plans ( which i believe are of incredibly varying quality-only as strong as its weakest link) to seamlessly work together and protect each other as they play the games.

But to say the PIAA developed a backbone is patently false. They and the governor punted back and forth until time ran out. Now it is in the local district's hands. There could be a lot of chaos as they move in different directions going forward. I expect there will be a lot of wasted game prep and last minute cancelations in football. Also, most schools do not have the adequate liability insurance to cover a covid outbreak. Will they move forward anyway? Will they try to protect themselves with waivers? I don't think things are settled just yet.
Haven’t recreational sports and optional workouts been happening all summer without any outbreaks?
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Yes. My kid even was at a wrestling tournament in our area. Wrestled 7 matches. Didn’t know any of the kids he wrestled but I know it was mentioned multiple times that 10 states were represented at this tournament. He also went to group indoor and outdoor workouts weekly. Both kids spent a week away for church camp as well.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Some of the 'big name' locals also wrestled in out-of-state tournaments too. Don't drink the Kool-aid folks. It's all about control of the sheep.
It ain't over until it's over.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Penn State just had 148 students test positive out of 17,000 for a .8 % positive rate. I can't believe they didn't shut down classes because of this!! In addition, almost all of the positive cases were asymptomatic.

Enough is enough already. If I want to wear a mask and shelter in place, let me. If you don't that is fine also, but please let's move on.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Mt Lebanon had a football player test positive. Practice canceled until September 1. First game postponed

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/mt-lebano ... -in-doubt/

Let's move on.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

Has wal-mart, target, lowes, home depot or any of these essential businesses closed or quarantined when an employee has tested positive, or haven't they had any positive tests? Why are schools held to different criteria when school age children are shown to be far less affected by this than other ages?? Why doesn't Mt Lebanon simply pull that player just like all of the above stores have done with positive employees since the onset of this pandemic? I am SURE the general public would never go to the stores if they knew there was an employee that tested positive.