Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by konjo78 »

O:-)
Manfred wrote: July 31st, 2020, 5:54 pm Glad to see all the social distancing being performed there. BTW, if 6' distance stops the virus, why the need for masks? And if masks stop the virus, why the need for 6' social distancing? And if BOTH stop the virus, why the LOCKDOWNS?
Social distancing and masks SLOW IT DOWN!!! What we have seen in our country right now is an major increase in cases and are seeing a solid rise in deaths.

Why does a car gave airbags and seatbelts??? Both are helpful in preventing deaths but they dont stop them all.

And that funeral proceeding was as reckless as trumps tulsa rally. We still have thick headed people in the country not social distancing and masks, instead doing the opposite to "shove it to the oppressive government".
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Heard several D9 schools are shutting down all activities as student athletes are testing positive.

https://mercermiddlehighschoolnews.word ... JcD7qiuv2U
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

konjo78 wrote: July 31st, 2020, 6:05 pm O:-)
Manfred wrote: July 31st, 2020, 5:54 pm Glad to see all the social distancing being performed there. BTW, if 6' distance stops the virus, why the need for masks? And if masks stop the virus, why the need for 6' social distancing? And if BOTH stop the virus, why the LOCKDOWNS?
Social distancing and masks SLOW IT DOWN!!! What we have seen in our country right now is an major increase in cases and are seeing a solid rise in deaths.

Why does a car gave airbags and seatbelts??? Both are helpful in preventing deaths but they dont stop them all.

And that funeral proceeding was as reckless as trumps tulsa rally. We still have thick headed people in the country not social distancing and masks, instead doing the opposite to "shove it to the oppressive government".
If you agree with wearing a mask or not. It shouldn't really surprise anyone that a lot of people refuse to wear one. People smoke knowing they could get cancer people drink and drive knowing that they could wreck and kill someone and people do drugs knowing what the outcome could be. Not really a shocker people don't want to wear a mask.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I guess it shouldn’t be a big surprise, but a lot of those things are self destructive. The mask is supposed to protect others around you. But I guess that’s not surprising either. But the way we're living right now really sucks, you'd think a few more people might be like, 'hey maybe if we all wear masks we don't have stay in our houses for the next year'
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

Mercer is in district 10
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Pittsburgh public schools announced today that it will go with distance learning only in the first quarter this school year.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: July 31st, 2020, 8:19 pm I guess it shouldn’t be a big surprise, but a lot of those things are self destructive. The mask is supposed to protect others around you. But I guess that’s not surprising either. But the way we're living right now really sucks, you'd think a few more people might be like, 'hey maybe if we all wear masks we don't have stay in our houses for the next year'
I'm not gonna lie. If I go into sheetz or choice here in Tyrone I know I'm gonna be in there 5 min tops so I don't wear it. If I go to save a lot I will wear it and anytime I go to Altoona or other towns. One thing I am confused about and idk if anyone on here has the answer. Why the hell do people wear them in there car driving by themselves?
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

Not saying it is the answer Goldeneagle but similar to only being in a store for 2 minutes and not wanting to put it on, I know theres been a time or two I know I'll only be in the car 2 minutes and feel too lazy to take it off just to put it right back on.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

PsuDfense30 wrote: July 31st, 2020, 10:27 pm Not saying it is the answer Goldeneagle but similar to only being in a store for 2 minutes and not wanting to put it on, I know theres been a time or two I know I'll only be in the car 2 minutes and feel too lazy to take it off just to put it right back on.
I get that valid point.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

If you go to a restaurant at the beach, and a sign on the door says "No Shoes. No Shirt. No Service", what does that mean? Or if you try to bring your dog into a store and a sign says, "No Pets Allowed", what does that mean? If a public place says "Must wear face covering", just do it and don't buck the system. Or go somewhere else.