Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Fall Sports

Post by CCDevil2012 »

knowitall wrote: August 25th, 2020, 9:20 am Mt Lebanon had a football player test positive. Practice canceled until September 1. First game postponed

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/mt-lebano ... -in-doubt/

Let's move on.
This is what’s wild, just monitor symptoms in other kids. Not take a mass one week off
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

why did the Miami Marlins shut down for a week? Why did the St. Louis Cardinals shut down for two?

I do know the Sheetz in Carrolltown was closed for awhile after an employee tested positive.

Let's move on.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

I know for a FACT that the local wal-mart, lowes and home depot ALL have had positive employee tests and did not shut down, why not??? Again, if I want to wear a mask and shelter, let me do it. If you do not, that is fine - move on!!

In your world, when will it be OK to move on? When there are zero cases, when there is a "vaccine"? By the way, neither of those things are going to happen. Instead of ALWAYS being so negative, I applaud these schools for at least trying to get back to normal.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

ERAChamp wrote: August 25th, 2020, 9:49 am I know for a FACT that the local wal-mart, lowes and home depot ALL have had positive employee tests and did not shut down, why not??? Again, if I want to wear a mask and shelter, let me do it. If you do not, that is fine - move on!!

In your world, when will it be OK to move on? When there are zero cases, when there is a "vaccine"? By the way, neither of those things are going to happen. Instead of ALWAYS being so negative, I applaud these schools for at least trying to get back to normal.
MUH FREEDUM! Let's move on.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

So, LHAC sez no fans. Whatcha goin' do this fall? So far, only 1 of the schools has said they will broadcast games live. I think it was live. They spent a couple large on new cams to show them.
It ain't over until it's over.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Fall Sports

Post by ERAChamp »

C'mon man, parents don't need to watch their kids play sports - they should just be thankful that Wolf is letting them play! One positive test in the school district should shut things down indefinitely.

Maybe the games should be at wal-mart - there's a LOT of social distancing going on there.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I read your sarcasm and cynicism, and empathize wholly. Who needs a Constitution, right?
It ain't over until it's over.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Manfred wrote: August 26th, 2020, 12:14 pm I read your sarcasm and cynicism, and empathize wholly. Who needs a Constitution, right?
Help me find where in the constitution does it say parents/fans are not allowed to be barred from high school footbal/sports?
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

I know on most issues which side of the aisle I fall on, but on this one I certainly have jumped ship. Everyone who sees sports as a right and scoffs at the hesitation of a school district who close schools or workouts has not worked in public education lately. I would ask those of you yelling loudest how it went the last time someone filed a frivolous lawsuit against you? What about the time where you had multiple lawsuits against you at the same time? If you don't live in that world, I am happy for you. However, if you aren't being sued (many times without cause) you have zero idea of what is happening to districts and individuals within the districts who are dealing with lawsuits. Frivolous or not, you must defend yourself and lawyers do not do it for free.

PIAA will tell you the high school principal is in charge of athletics and in many cases these individuals help organize and run the playoff systems for individual districts. If someone ALLEGES they got Covid at one of these events and sues everyone including the district chairperson, who pays for the legal defense? I know the answer and it isn't good news for the person organizing the event.

Years ago I had a friend say, "Know what you know, and know what you don't know." Putting this out to possibly give a bit of perspective.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

konjo78 wrote: August 26th, 2020, 12:58 pm
Manfred wrote: August 26th, 2020, 12:14 pm I read your sarcasm and cynicism, and empathize wholly. Who needs a Constitution, right?
Help me find where in the constitution does it say parents/fans are not allowed to be barred from high school footbal/sports?
The tenth amendment would govern this.