Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Fall Sports

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

PIAA to hold emergency meeting Friday in response to the governor's statement.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Manfred wrote: August 6th, 2020, 5:35 pm Wolfie, Wolfie, HE's our man! If HE can't play sports, NO ONE CAN!
If you have no kid playing, why does this bug you so much?
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: August 6th, 2020, 5:38 pm PIAA to hold emergency meeting Friday in response to the governor's statement.
Word is they are cancelling Fall Sports
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

They have no choice, if they go against the Dept of Health recommendations and someone gets sick they will all face lawsuits for negligence.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Whats the department of health gonna say if these kids start committing suicide because there dreams got taken away. I get the concern for the virus but teenagers are unstable and if they have been working hard and the rug gets pulled a lot of them might not be able to handle it. The kids that lost there seasons earlier in the year at least got to play and it was something new so they might have been able to handle it better. Now the kids have been penned up for how long now and thinking they are gonna have a little piece of normal and a couple days before the start it gets snatched away.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 6:26 pm Whats the department of health gonna say if these kids start committing suicide because there dreams got taken away. I get the concern for the virus but teenagers are unstable and if they have been working hard and the rug gets pulled a lot of them might not be able to handle it. The kids that lost there seasons earlier in the year at least got to play and it was something new so they might have been able to handle it better. Now the kids have been penned up for how long now and thinking they are gonna have a little piece of normal and a couple days before the start it gets snatched away.
If things like that pop up thats 100% on the parenting of these kids than anything else.

Life has ups, downs, rights and things that seem wrong. If it is gone that sucks but life moves on and things like this will happen throughout. Great parenting moment to teach their kids
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

konjo78 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 6:32 pm
Goldeneagles12 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 6:26 pm Whats the department of health gonna say if these kids start committing suicide because there dreams got taken away. I get the concern for the virus but teenagers are unstable and if they have been working hard and the rug gets pulled a lot of them might not be able to handle it. The kids that lost there seasons earlier in the year at least got to play and it was something new so they might have been able to handle it better. Now the kids have been penned up for how long now and thinking they are gonna have a little piece of normal and a couple days before the start it gets snatched away.
If things like that pop up thats 100% on the parenting of these kids than anything else.

Life has ups, downs, rights and things that seem wrong. If it is gone that sucks but life moves on and things like this will happen throughout. Great parenting moment to teach their kids
Konjo you can be the greatest parent in the world and teach your kids everything about life. But guess what you can't control how they feel. Thats asinine. That would be like me taking away something you hold dear to your heart and me saying you know its not right if you go hurt yourself or someone over this. I can tell you till I'm blue in the face but I cant control if you do or not or how you feel about it.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 6:51 pm

Konjo you can be the greatest parent in the world and teach your kids everything about life. But guess what you can't control how they feel. Thats asinine. That would be like me taking away something you hold dear to your heart and me saying you know its not right if you go hurt yourself or someone over this. I can tell you till I'm blue in the face but I cant control if you do or not or how you feel about it.
Maybe im a little bit biased about this because I moved close to the start of school and missed my chance to play my senior year of football. It sucked, I didnt get a chance to play with all of the friends/teammates from the previous 8 years. I didnt have a choice or anything to stop it at all but guess what... My parents taught me my upset feeling was understanding and reasonable, but in life choices are made out of your control how you respond to them and grow yourself is what makes you as a person.

This 100% comes down to parenting and proper responses from leaders in those locker rooms.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

And again other states who have had fall sports pushed back have made the schedule from Jan-June include shortened seasons so all can play without crossing into one another. No reason that PA cant do that. Might shorten some seasons but some may argue they should be shortened a bit already
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

konjo78 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 6:59 pm
Goldeneagles12 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 6:51 pm

Maybe im a little bit biased about this because I moved close to the start of school and missed my chance to play my senior year of football. It sucked, I didnt get a chance to play with all of the friends/teammates from the previous 8 years. I didnt have a choice or anything to stop it at all but guess what... My parents taught me my upset feeling was understanding and reasonable, but in life choices are made out of your control how you respond to them and grow yourself is what makes you as a person.

This 100% comes down to parenting and proper responses from leaders in those locker rooms.
Ok say all the other parents and coaches teach there kids and players the same things your parents did. And say some players it doesn't sink in and they do something to themselves or someone. Thats still the parents fault even though they went down the proper avenues with the kids. What delusional world are you living in. If you would have got angry and hurt yourself over getting moved even though your parents taught you all that you would blame it on them???