Fall Sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Fall Sports

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'm not expecting a football season, but still am sort of holding out some kind of hope. But I just don't see it.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

If we have to be in the green phase to have sports, forget it. No way that anyone is green any time soon. Our governor is playing politics. First it was 'flatten the curve', then it was not enough ventilators, then it was 'we need to test every American everyday', now it's 'this could flare up in the fall'. Yesterday I saw a report on a poll that said 71% of Americans want to stay quarantined. Give me a break! Is that the same poll that said Hillary was going to win big? You can't believe anything that comes out of the media these days. What a shame. I hate politics and politicians.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

No fall football at San Jose State, Fresno State or San Diego State doesn't bode well for fall football at Penn Cambria, Northern Cambria or Central Cambria.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Amazing to me that they are making these types of decisions in mid-May.

Good point about the local schools with low roster numbers for football. This just might be the end for those schools.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

The same experts that told us a month ago that 500,000-1,000,000 deaths would be the best case scenario and convinced nearly every state to put millions of dollars into temporary hospitals that never had a single patient are now mad us for not taking their warnings about a second wave seriously.

Maybe this could be a lesson for the fear mongering government officials and media...if you want American's to believe you, then report fair and accurate information from the beginning. Once you lose the public's trust due to outlandish predictions, it is nearly impossible to get it back.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

abpk, I applaud you Sir! We usually don't agree on many things, but you nailed this one!
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

45 said it was under control in February and COVID wasn't a worry, and to see where we are now, yea I lost trust there as well. Even if the numbers aren't as crazy as they were said to be in March, they are significantly higher than what was said in February. Had we taken a few measures before March 15, I half wonder if we'd be in a lot better place now.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

'45', since you brought him into this thread....shut down China end of Jan. Remember when they said 2 MILLION would die here? US epicenter of NYC was ALL on Cuomo. This crisis should be renamed the Cuomovirus.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Nonsense.

How much of the virus came here via Italy or Spain? How many Americans travel to China? How many travel to Italy?

That this virus became politicized is unfortunate.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I didn't bring up 'the government' into the thread. Fear mongering and distrust about the government was brought up previously, I was just adding my two cents into it.