2020 LHAC Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2020 LHAC Football

Post by Manfred »

Or other personal feelings from the coach doing the ranking, like a couple used to do, running up the score, or letting their star player on the field when the game was already out of hand. It has been known to happen.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Well, a FEDERAL COURT Judge shot down Der Governator today, blocking his 'emergency powers lockdown'. Does this mean the ordinary fan of a given school will be able to sit in the stands this Fri. nt.? Or is the PIAA still the 'Big Dawg in Charge? Inquiring minds want to know a.s.a.p.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Manfred wrote: September 14th, 2020, 5:49 pm Well, a FEDERAL COURT Judge shot down Der Governator today, blocking his 'emergency powers lockdown'. Does this mean the ordinary fan of a given school will be able to sit in the stands this Fri. nt.? Or is the PIAA still the 'Big Dawg in Charge? Inquiring minds want to know a.s.a.p.
Lets hope they keep you as far away as possible from the game. Dont want you to rub off on minors too much
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

My guess is it will be up to each school.

North Star alloted each player two tickets for today’s JV game.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Here we go again. The week 1 stats for high school players are out. Westmont (with their win over Somerset 7-6) had 3 players in the area's top 7 tacklers. The top two area tacklers had 17 and 15 respectively. The 7th ranked tackler had 12. Another had 9. That's 4 guys on one team with credit for 53 tackles. Somerset's QB threw 7 incompletions. I'm sure some Somerset players ran out of bounds. One play was a missed field goal. No tackles made in those situations. What did the other 7 Westy defensive players do during the game? Just wondering.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Social distancing.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

The prevent defense?
Guru
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Guru »

All CC home games are on the new field.

CC will win 5+ games this season.

The Federal Judge's ruling will not change the 250 limit at CC for the short term.

Good luck to all of the players and coaches in the LHAC this season and stay healthy!
"The Devil Is In The Details"
Guru
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Guru »

The official NFHS stat book states the following:

1. You either have one (1) solo tackler

or

2. You have two (2) assisted tacklers PERIOD!

I see teams with several hundred tackles each season and because there are 3 times more tackles than defensive snaps it is a dang travesty. Turnovers, incomplete passes, runners going out of bounds, interceptions, unfielded punts, field goals, fumble recoveries, taking a knee, and 3-and-outs all equal NO TACKLES. Padded tackle stats make me insane!

All-star team defensive players are selected on stats in most cases. I know this because it is physically impossible to see all of the kids/games each week let alone all season. So if i give my players 20 tackles each week the real players in the LHAC don't stand a chance if their stat keepers are doing a fair job.

Sammy Sideline leads the LHAC in tackles every year and he never gets the credit he deserves...
"The Devil Is In The Details"
Guru
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Guru »

1. Richland
2. Bedford
3. Bishop Guilfoyle
4. Chestnut Ridge
5. Cambria Heights
6. Central Cambria