2020 Heritage Conference football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
saltsburgtrojanfan1989
Sophomore
Sophomore

2020 Heritage Conference football

Post by saltsburgtrojanfan1989 »

IF there is a season, who is looking good in the Heritage Conference this football season? Of course we all know that 4-time and defending champs Ligonier Valley has left the Heritage for the WPIAL! Who can win the Heritage title in 2020? West Shamokin should be pretty good. Homer-Center is typically solid. Thoughts?
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: 2020 Heritage Conference football

Post by X3pointer »

I think it’s up for grabs Blairsville should be more competitive not sure about United Saltsburg has several starters returning , will find out if they were a one man team last year . The Heritage champ will Probably lose two games Not sure about Bishop Carol does anybody know how they will be.
BigIke1914
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BigIke1914 »

This has the feeling of a true Single A conference now. I thought they would do better but I am amazed with how West Shamokin has grown still. I never thought the Heritage was weak per se. But I thought they would enjoy playing the river towns of the Indiana/Armstrong area better than the some similar schools in the Eastern , riverview and Springdale but playing the vaunted Clairtons and Jeannettes was daunting. It has been a few years but it is nice to see them be a possible contender. I wonder was this aided by the move or is it just a time they have ammunition in the chamber? just a good group of athletes that would have came up even in the WPIAL.
MikeFLN
Freshman
Freshman

Post by MikeFLN »

You basically nailed West Shamokin. They would compete against the average teams, but the Jeanettes/Clairtons of the WPIAL they would struggle mightily.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Wet Shamokin needs to show that they can compete in heritage conference, so far they haven’t
saltsburgtrojanfan1989
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by saltsburgtrojanfan1989 »

Is the WestPAC/Heritage having their media day? If so, when is it?
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Who will take Saltsburg’s place in the heritage conference next year? In looking at this years roster Saltsburg has more players 33 than Blairsville 24
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

I believe Cambria Heights starts heritage conference play in 2021. That's regardless of what happens with Saltsburg.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Cambria Heights is replacing Ligonier , they will need another team next year When Saltsburg joins with Blairsville.
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

Bishop Carroll is a scheduling partner with the Heritage, starting this season. If Saltsburg folds, all teams would still have nine games in 2021, provided BC does not join another league. It's quite possible that if Saltsburg folds BC could get an official invite as the 10th team, especially if there are no problems during the 2020 season.