ICC week 1

Post by dadw/2sons »

Bellwood at NBC

Claysburg at Mo Valley

Glendale at Everett

Meyersdale at Tussey Mountain

West Branch at Juanita Valley

Williamsburg at Southern Huntingdon

Didn't think we would get here, Are you ready for football!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC week 1

Post by Manfred »

dadw/2sons wrote: September 7th, 2020, 5:53 pm Bellwood at NBC

Claysburg at Mo Valley

Glendale at Everett

Read my response to the Heritage thread. Same things apply. Good luck.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Claysburg at Mo Valley

Glendale at Everett

Dbl. posted.
It ain't over until it's over.
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Claysburg at Mo Valley

Glendale at Everett

I will say Bellwood in a game much closer than they are used to in the ICC. Everett at home with a week 1 upset (is it an upset?), Tussey and JV win at home and I will call for an upset and say Williamsburg starts the year off with a W.
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCFan »

Bellwood at NBC - Game of the Week in the conference. Probably the top 2 teams pre-season. Should be a barn burner. B-A needs to control NB's speed and skill players. If NB can score 4+ TD's they win, 3 and it's anyone's game, 2 or less and B-A wins. It's all about the NB O vs B-A D matchup as B-A will score some points. Bellwood 22 NBC 21.

Claysburg at Mo Valley- Will be interesting to see if Mo Valley can turn the corner this year. CK's #6 pre-season state ranking is a bit lofty. I'll put them at #5 in the ICC pre-season. Claysburg 33 Mo Valley 14.

Glendale at Everett - Glendale was much improved last year. After numerous coaching changes as of late, Everett may have their guy for the future and they should be improved this year. I'll stick with Glendale's improvement and Everett will be a team to watch as I see them improving from week to week. So, being that it's week 1 go with The Vikes on the road. Glendale 28 Everett 15.

Meyersdale at Tussey Mountain- I've heard Meyersdale lost a lot from a very strong 2019 season. Tussey has some holes to fill in the skill position but will have a very solid line anchored by the top player in the league, Chad Morningstar. Tussey Mountain 35 Meyersdale 8.

West Branch at Juniata Valley - I'm picking JV as #3 going into the season in the league and they should start with a nice home win over a program still struggling at W.Branch. Juniata Valley returns a lot of offensive yards in Gabe Brower and Hunter Johnson but QB may be a question. Juniata Valley rolls. JV 52 W.Branch 8.

Williamsburg at Southern Huntingdon - Two teams looking for an identity. Williamsburg has struggled more than any other team in the league in the past decade-plus and SH looking for a possible return to the tradition of yesteryear in the post-Ryan Garlock era. Kendrel Marino is one of the exciting players in the league and he jumpstarts the Rockets in their opener. Southern 27 Williamsburg 6.

Mount Union was scheduled to play Tussey but due to a late start this game was cancelled and MU can't open until week 2.

Pre-Season Rankings
1. Bellwood
2. Northern Bedford
3. Tussey Mountain
4. Juniata Valley
5. Claysburg
6. Mount Union
7. Glendale
8. Southern Huntingdon
9. Everett
10. Mo Valley
11. West Branch
12. Williamsburg

Anyone in the Top 4 could take the crown this year and 6-9 is a real crapshoot going in. Should be an exciting and fun year. I just hope we stay healthy and Covid free and finish the season.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Great week. ICC fan 6-0 on the predictions.